IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Need Of Divine Intervention!, Addictions
John1210
post May 11 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 746

Hello good people. My name is John and this is my first day on this site. I was googleing " addictions and recovery" . And something led me to this site. I really believed what I read about filling the void in my life with Christ. So I am asking everyone tp pray for me. I have been an addict of one drug or another since i was 17. I am now 33. My addictions have ruined relationships, Jobs, Health, even put me in jail a few times. I quit one addiction just to go to another. I have switch from marijuana to alchohol to meth to alchohol to pain killers. I am currently spending $200 - $300 a week on street bought perscription drugs. i have tried lots of ways to quit this addiction but with no results. But I believe with your prays and help through Jesus Christ I can be healed of this terrible nightmare I live. Thank you all for your help and GOD Bless! John.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Linda
post May 11 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Veteran

Member No.: 7

Hi, John!
Thanks be to God that He led you to this site. There is no limit to what God can do with a life surrendered to Him through faith in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things have passed away; behold, all things are become new." We can't do anything in our own strength, but can "do all things in Christ, who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13). Many churches have something called Celebrate Recovery for people who have committed to dying to the habits and addictions of drugs, alcohol, and the like. Also, check out whether or not you have a Link Care (an income-based Christian counseling service) in your area. It sound like, through various channels, God has been trying to get your attention. Praise Him that you see the need to fill the void in your life with Christ and the new and abundant life He offers instead of with drugs and alcohol.

I will be praying for you. Please keep in touch with us here at web-church and let us know what God does.

Loving Him,
><Linda>

+Quote Post
bygrace
post May 11 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 696

Hi John,

I will be praying for you as well. God is the only one who can break the cycle of addictions. I would also encourage you to start attending AA or a support group at a local church.

God Bless you and keep you.

By Grace

+Quote Post
Glen
post May 12 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi John! Linda and Bygrace are right that God will heal you. I'm the one who wrote about the void and God filling it. Jesus will fill that void as He did in my life. Because of the amount of prescription drugs you're using, let me strongly recommend a doctor-supervised withdrawal. That's because some prescription meds can cause serious physical problems if you don't manage how you come off of them. Most medical plans cover such treatment, and, if not, your local NA chapter can recommend clinics. I'm praying for you. I know you can do this with God's help.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
John1210
post May 12 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Thank you all for your prayers and addvice. I sure do need it . I can not keep living like this. As i try and try to quit I don't seem to have the will power. I will keep praying for help. I will not give up. Thanks again, hope to hear from you all again.... John..

+Quote Post
Glen
post May 16 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #6

Administrator

John, Read the John 5:1-9. Ask God 5 questions about these verses.

1. Why does it make sense Jesus would ask if the man wanted to be healed?
2. What would have to change in his life if he were healed after 38 years?
3. Why do you feel he dodged the question Jesus asked?
4. What was required of the man if he was to be healed?
5. How does this relate to my life and addiction?

John, it was no accident you found this site. You were brought here for a reason. God is willing and offering to heal you, but healing means much of your life will change. There is no maybe in addiction, only yes, and no. You will need medical treatment, maybe even residential treatment, and lengthy, ongoing work on yourself and the things that made you addicted in the first place. This is the "mat" you have to pick up and carry if you decide you want to be healed. If you have the "will" God will give you the "power."

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
KevinDT
post May 21 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #7

Veteran

Member No.: 753

Hello. my name is Kevin and my family and I have been praying for you since i joined this web church and notice your post. if u can not shake the addiction, know that god can take it away from you. but there is another way also to get help. there is a man whos name is David Wilkerson, you can go to his website at DavidWilkerson.com. but he started a program called life challenge that helps people get rid of their addictions and helps them to be closer with god. if you wish go to his website and see what information you can pull up on this wonderful program. my mom attended it for being addicted to coke and my uncle went there for heroin addiction. they are both now clean and sober and have been for a few years now. they also have become so very much closer with god. myself and my family will continue to pray for you and we hope that with gods help u can break this addiction. take care of yourself and god bless

+Quote Post
John1210
post May 28 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #8

I am still here. I am still trying! I appreciette every ones prayers. They mean alot to me. Thank you all so very much. I have been reading the bible and doing alot of praying. I will not give up on myself. I will beat this addiction. I tried to quit and went three days but then relapsed again. I am trying to quit again today. This will be it. If i don't do it this time I have a feeling I won't make it I feel like i am going to overdose. I prayed to GOD last night that if I can not change for HIM to take me away so I don't hurt my family anymore. I think HE will. So I need to change. I don't want to leave my family alone I love them very much, but i can't keep living like this. I will keep you all posted. Thank you all I love you all for your prayers God Bless You All. THANK YOU SO MUCH! John......

+Quote Post
Glen
post May 29 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #9

Administrator

Sounds like you're not using medical withdrawal. This is necessary with prescription drugs, because trying to quit without a doctor's supervision is often fatal. If you really want to quit, you will go public, burn all your bridges back to the drugs and get the right medical help.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:01 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here