IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finding God's Message In Our Everday Events
GrandpaJim
post Mar 6 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,178

Fallen Leaves

Pulling into the driveway which separates my front yard from the side yard, I reluctantly looked to the the left and then to the tight. There they were, again ,with twice as many waiting for me in the backyard. The brown crispy leaves were layered on the ground as high as the snow after a winter's blizzard. They almost seemed to be laughing at me, waiting to be gathered up while ruining my weekend. 
Oh! How I hated those leaves..

Suddenly, I remembered that just a few weeks back, as Vivian and I were driving home, we caught a glimpse of our home from the main road. There she was, set back from the side road nuzzled deep within the rainbowed colored trees that surrounded her. The bright colored reddish orange leaves perfectly blending with the light browns and deep yellows . A baby sleeping in her mother's arms couldn't look more content. Our house looked like a picture on an Autumn calender. How fortunate we were.
Oh! How I loved those leaves.

These were the same leaves that in the torturous heat of the summer gave me shade and protection from the fiery rays of the sun as I sat on the bench swing and read a book or watched the grandchildren playing in the pool. These same leaves were home to the variety of birds which became our singing neighbors in both spring and summer.
Oh! How thankful I was for those leaves.

And now, I thought, just because these same leaves have become old and will cause me what really is a small inconvenience, I complain and want nothing to do with them.
I can only hope I do not treat people like this.
Just a “Thought by the C.”[size="3"][/size]

--------------------

Finding God's message in everyday events. Find out how it's done. Thoughts by the C.
Grandpa Jim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:46 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here