IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God Confirmed Calling by Calling
Glen
post Jul 18 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

In 1994, I had just been dismissed from my first ministry post for disagreeing with the Senior Pastor. I was devastated, on my knees in my living room, praying and crying out to God. After a long time praying, I asked God to show me I hadn't misunderstood Him, that He truly wanted me in ministry.

Just then, my phone rang. The man on the other end told me he had called the church and found out I was no longer there. He asked me if I was still a minister and, could I perform his wedding ceremony.

It occurred to me after I got off the phone that God had just answered my prayer. ohmy.gif I got right back to praying, but now I was crying out in praise and worship instead of sorrow.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TrustHisWill
post Jul 22 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

Hi Glen, Prayer Warriors!

Great site by the way smile.gif

I read the title about Callings, and had to post...... I will share what has happened since my last horrible announcement.

I will first give a quick recap of my story. I met my husband 3 years ago and had what I believed was a wonderful, loving relationship with him. I sponsored him to come to be with me in Canada, and he finally arrived here in March 2006. Things were a bit rocky at first, but I thought his demands and anger towards me had to do with the adjustment of living in a new country. I woke up one morning and got ready for work, and as usual, my husband kissed me and told me how beautiful I was and how much he loved me, I really believed everything was good. I arrived home that afternoon to find my husband and all of his luggage gone, and to this day I have not heard from him since. He did not leave a letter or provide any warning that he was leaving, he has vanished in to thin air. It turns out he had a girlfriend from his home country waiting here for him, she had arrived about 1 year before. I also learned that my "friend" of many many years knew about all of this and had set me up, I also believe this person played a big role in my husband leaving.

To say that I was devastated is an understatement, I could not eat or function, and I had no clue how on earth I was supposed to continue with my life. I probably loved my husband more than I loved my self, and the loss of him is something that I did not think I could live through. In Canada, when you sponsor a person you are then financially responsible for them for 3 years, and are forced to pay the government 100% of any welfare benefits your spouse aquires in those 3 years. Well, I was left heart broken, devastated, financially broke, and I had the next 3 years of possible hell to look forward to. Life was looking worse than I had ever thought possible.

In the midst of sending many emails to the Government demanding that they do something about my husband having used me to get in to the country, my manager recommended that I forward my email to a national newspaper for advice. I was very surprised to learn that the newspaper wanted to publish my story immediately. I was scared and unsure about this, but I put everything in God's hands as I could not deal with any more worries. Well, I woke up that weekend morning, and with many big events happening in the city that weekend, can you believe I ended up on the front page of the newspaper!!!!! I just wanted to crawl in to a hole and never come up, and I shouted at God "I thought you were protecting me, I thought you could at least watch over me this one time!". I was so angry and disappointed with God.

A few days after the article printed, the writer called me to say that she has never received so much response for any story she has written, and she sent me about 40 of the letters she had received. They were all from victims who went through the exact same situation. All of these letters were so sad to read, but these people all said that reading my story gave them hope, and made them understand they were not alone. A couple of weeks later, a big 2 page follow up article printed, that again made front page. At this point, I am leading a group of victims of this type of marriage scam. A company donated a website to me for use in helping people, I have a support group that should start up in September, and I have just finished writing 60 Cabinet Ministers to demand that our laws change.

All I can say is WOW! I will admit that I do not know how I will be able to find the time and emotional energy to help hundreds of people, but God always has a plan, always. In my time of sorrow, I had no idea why I should have to go through something so horrible....... but my pain helped hundreds of people come forward, it helped them to no longer feel ashamed, and to finally fight the evil that exists.

My final point to this story is quite amazing. My husband always claimed to be a Christian, and that is one of the big reasons that I gave him my heart and soul. We read the bible together on a regular basis. The day my husband left was June 6, 2006...... 06-06-06, and his bible was left on my night stand.

Praise God for ridding the devil from my life!

--------------------
Love your brothers and sisters as the Lord loves us - share the word of God, but be intelligent in all situations you find yourself in, as God wants happiness and peace for each of us.

+Quote Post
Glen
post Jul 23 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi! Thanks for the compliment about the site and WOW for the miracle. I'm going to try to put this in a topic of it's own.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:32 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here