IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Num 20:18-21
clarkthompson
post May 9 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Numbers 20:18-21 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Edom said unto him, Thou shalt not pass by me, lest I come out against thee with the sword.
19 And the children of Israel said unto him, We will go by the high way: and if I and my cattle drink of thy water, then I will pay for it: I will only, without doing anything else, go through on my feet.
20 And he said, Thou shalt not go through. And Edom came out against him with much people, and with a strong hand.
21 Thus Edom refused to give Israel passage through his border: wherefore Israel turned away from him.

Numbers 20:18-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

18 Then Edom said to him, “You shall not pass through my land, lest I come out against you with the sword.”
19 So the children of Israel said to him, “We will go by the Highway, and if I or my livestock drink any of your water, then I will pay for it; let me only pass through on foot, nothing more.”
20 Then he said, “You shall not pass through.” So Edom came out against them with many men and with a strong hand. 21 Thus Edom refused to give Israel passage through his territory; so Israel turned away from him.

New King James Version (NKJV) Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 So Edom wasn’t being peaceful to God’s people. If God lead them thru Edom would cause war and God would see that they lose for attacking His people,

19 So the request is made again.

20 So now even before they pass thru the want to start war this would have been a big mistake. Edom ultimately chose not to be at peace with God or His people. The world does the same when they reject Jesus and hate believers.

21 Israel left because of this because God had no attention of them fighting each other.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:57 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here