IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need a prayer, Peace and love in our home.
Guest_Paul_*
post Jul 24 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #1

Guests

My 15 year old son has been away for 1 1/2 years at a youth home for kids who have broken the law. It's a very tough place, with a lot of kids who are hard-core, mean and lost street kids.

I've been married for 23 years and I have 6 children. My 15 year old son is my 3rd oldest. The judge has allowed our son to finally come home. I guess we're going through an adjustment period, but no excuses - I was wrong, and want to be forgiven.

Last night he said things and behaved in such a way that I allowed myself to get provoked to anger. This is typical in a big family such as ours, but what makes this so different is that this is the first time I have been so angry with him that I physically lashed out at my son. He is just fine, and has no bruses or black eye's or anything, but still I struck him, and it made me feel absolutely awful! I never want to do that again! I really do love my son, so very much. Immediately following my action, I sat him down on our family couch, hugged him and we both cried. I appologized profusely and he told me that he just wanted me to love him. I appologized, and I told him that I did love him and was sorry for what I did. We both hugged each other and cried. My family was angry with me, and rightfully so. I was so wrong. It was awful and I felt so bad.

Please pray for me that I will never lash out at my son ever again and that I can have the faith to overcome this evil temptation that came into my heart and hurt our family!

Thank you for your prayers.
-Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Jul 24 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Paul! I'm so sorry this happened. I can tell by your posting how much you regret it. I had an older brother who was in and out of trouble in his youth...spent a year and a half at "Boys Ranch" which, from what I understood, not a vacation, either.

Wish I could tell you from witnessing those times how to manage yours, but, nothing worked for him or my Dad at the time.

You, on the other hand, are relying on the Lord to give you wisdom in how to be a loving father who can guide your son to the right path. That puts you an eternity ahead of my Dad. God is faithful! He does forgive you and He will lead you. Something I believe will help you with your son. If he is able to consistently see you seeking and following God's leadership, I'm sure he will be able to trust your leadership in time. I think it's great he was able to see a man admit he was wrong. You seem to be a great example of loving fatherhood to me.

We'll be praying for you.

Love & Hugs,
Glen

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
Guest_Cargo_*
post Aug 1 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #3

Guests

Hi Paul
Your letter is so close to what happened to me and my son that it could have been written by me. The only difference being that my son won't hug me, or speak to me about anything either. I know how you feel because I've been there for so long that I know the gut-wrenching regret that gnaws at one each time you think about it. Be comforted that it's happened to many folk before you and will happen to many more. It's how you handle it that's important right now. The evil one is right there accusing you and it delights him when you blame yourself and have constant remorse. You have to get over it and to do that you have to KNOW something and you have to DO something: You have to know that Jesus has ALREADY paid for everything you ever did wrong, everything you are doing wrong (like not accepting His forgiveness for instance) and everything you will ever do wrong. It has been settled and its an insult to Him when you won't accept it and rejoice because of the wonder of it all. His heart is full of reconcilliation and we don't have to wait till we "convince ourselves" one day. Believe what He has already done and that it includes YOU and all your shortcomings and sins. It's settled. What do you have to do now? Speak about what He has done for you. Tell Him you appreciate it. Tell Him you believe in His forgiveness. Tell Him you believe that NOTHING can seperate you from His love. Rejoice in His finished work. And then tell the evil one to keep his accusations because just like Joshua, God had clothed you with the perfect righteousness of the Lord Jesus Himself. Man, we have a perfect salvation in our Lord! Nothing has been left out - not even a bout of violence that slips out from time to time. It's for the VERY REASON that we don't and can't walk perfectly before God the Father that Jesus came and did it FOR us. Now we're clothed in HIS righteousness and we have access to HIS wisdom and we have HIS wonderful redemption. HE is ALL of these things for us. My prayer for you: Believe it - say it - say it often until your spirit picks it up and starts bringing back the Joy of the Lord. And yes, I pray for you - it's easy because I feel for you deeply and know the loneliness of it all. Bless you so much Paul

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:48 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here