IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Prayer Of Faith Vs. If It Be Your Will
lesjude
post Jun 16 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #1

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,423

The Prayer Of Faith Vs. If It Be Your Will: Which Gets Answered?
Can Christians receive a yes by faith to prayer if the request is contrary to the latest teaching from the Father's heart, opposed by all the elders; they are called names, told no, and told to go away?

Matthew 15:21-28

King James Version (KJV)

21Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

22And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
She gets no answer and the whole "church" is against her.

24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Jesus clearly says it is not His will at this time and not for her.

25Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Jesus just taught about giving to the dogs in Matthew 7:6
Jesus calls her a little dog. Still another reason it is not His will.

27And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

28Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
She NEVER prayed "if it be thy will". She pressed in for her request by FAITH and received it. Jesus expects His people to ask in faith knowing His will to heal, deliver and save. 2 Corinthians 1:20
I am sure no one ever asks for forgiveness of sins prefaced with "if it be thy will". Jesus made it clear it was willing and able to do BOTH.

Matthew 9:4-6

King James Version (KJV)

4And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

5For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?

6But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Here is the point. She had no promise(s) for anything. We do.

Psalm 103:1-5

King James Version (KJV)
Psalm 103

1Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

4Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

5Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's

Jesus ignored her. Here is our promise:

1 John 5:14-15

King James Version (KJV)

14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Jesus called her a dog. We are not "dogs" but sons/daughters by adoption, seated in heavenly places with Jesus, and joint heirs with Him and entitled to all the promises included in salvation.

The apostles opposed her. Opposition by well meaning ignorant Christians and anti Christ forces to what Jesus promises cannot make of none effect God's clear word.

The prayer of faith is always answered by a yes and amen according to the Bible.
2 Corinthians 1:20

King James Version (KJV)

20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Below is an example:
James 5:14-15

King James Version (KJV)

14Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him

Praying "if it be thy will" about a clear promise of God is not faith. It usually is an excuse for putting the blame on God if nothing happens, or ignorance of God's will.

As believers we have everything this woman did not with the possible exception of opposition from "others". We have the clear word of God, the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, Jesus our High Priest making intercession for us, the Blood Of Jesus, the promise He always hears us, and always an answer of YES! If an unsaved little dog going against a recent teaching by Jesus Himself, which she may have even heard, can get a healing what is our excuse./?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:06 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here