IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Acts 9:13-16
clarkthompson
post Apr 10 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Acts 9:13-16 King James Version (KJV)
13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Acts 9:13-16 Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many people about this man, especially how much suffering and evil he has brought on Your saints (God’s people) at Jerusalem; 14 and here [in Damascus] he has authority from the high priests to put in chains all who call on Your name [confessing You as Savior].” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for this man is a [deliberately] chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel; 16 for I will make clear to him how much he must suffer and endure for My name’s sake.”

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 Ananias feared what the Lord was telling him to do because of who Saul was. People may fear are past but thru Jesus we can be different.

14 We need to obey God even though we may have fear. He knew that this could be life threatening a Christians going to see Saul, even though he was now blind he still had authority to end his life. God hold authority over all life.

15 This was Paul’s purpose and Ananias may have even shared this with Paul once he came to him. God always has a purpose for us to step out in faith sometimes we may know in advance sometimes we may learn later and sometimes we may not find it out but we are to act with faith.

16 Paul would suffer. Paul may have suffered more then anyone aside from Christ.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:04 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here