IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Acts 8:29-33
clarkthompson
post Nov 1 2016, 04:27 AM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Acts 8:29-33 King James Version (KJV)
29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Acts 8:29-33 Amplified Bible (AMP)

29 Then the [Holy] Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” 30 Philip ran up and heard the man reading the prophet Isaiah, and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”31 And he said, “Well, how could I [understand] unless someone guides me [correctly]?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now this was the passage of Scripture which he was reading:
“LIKE A SHEEP HE WAS LED TO THE SLAUGHTER;
AND AS A LAMB BEFORE ITS SHEARER IS SILENT,
SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH.
33 “IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY [justice was denied Him].
WHO WILL DESCRIBE HIS GENERATION?
FOR HIS LIFE IS TAKEN FROM THE EARTH.”

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

29 So Philip now knows why he was sent so that he could talk to the one in the chariot. Sometimes God waits till we take a walk in faith before He shows us what to do.

30 Philip gets there as soon as he could. Isaiah often times mentions Jesus before He came. This also showed this man had scripture and tried to understand it.

31 Sometimes we have to have someone aid us in learning this is one of the purposes for church fellowship because others may see scripture in a different way then we do and the way they see it helps us understand it better. Do we invite our God sent aid in or do we have them go away?

32 This is a reference to Jesus. The sheep are us and the slaughter was the cross. Jesus did not defend Himself while on trial but let God’s will unfold.

33 Jesus did not receive justice and was mocked, all for us. Jesus did not have to die but died because of His love for us.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:02 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here