IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Numbers 20:11-13
clarkthompson
post Mar 31 2017, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Numbers 20:11-13 King James Version (KJV)
11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.
12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
13 This is the water of Meribah; because the children of Israel strove with the LORD, and he was sanctified in them.

Numbers 20:11-13 Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 Then Moses raised his hand [in anger] and with his rod he struck the rock twice [instead of speaking to the rock as the LORD had commanded]. And the water poured out abundantly, and the congregation and their livestock drank [fresh water]. 12 But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you have not believed (trusted) Me, to treat Me as holy in the sight of the sons of Israel, you therefore shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.”13 These are the waters of Meribah (contention, strife), where the sons of Israel contended with the LORD, and He showed Himself holy among them.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 So the need was provided but disobedience was done, this may have seemed small to Moses and the people but was big to God and in next verse Moses learns how big this sinful action was. Our sins have results.

12 Moses disobeyed God; he listened to what the people wanted rather then to listen to God. Moses showed a lack of reverence before the people. This one mistake but was a big mistake, it showed faith in himself as much as God. God couldn’t let help lead them into the promise land because his heart wasn’t right for that even though he had the heart of a leader because of his love for the people, he just put that love before his love for God and what was right. We may miss opportunities God has for us when we disobey Him.

13 They were in division with the Lord, this means they needed to repent not that God was done with them. God is never done with His people but sometimes we have to repent so we can be back in fellowship with God and that is what they needed to do but that still didn’t mean they would go into the promised land because only two who left Egypt would and they would because they showed continually faith.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:34 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here