IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Was Jesus God?
Rating 5 V
renewedfaith1964
post Jun 29 2013, 08:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,461

Was Jesus God? Jesus was very coy in his delivery about who he was. It troubled me that Jesus never directly comes out and claims to be God. I finally read all four gospels, taking notes of every time Jesus said or did something that made him out to be God. I think Jesus wanted us to piece it together, rather than just coming out and saying, "I am God, worship me." Listed below are verses that show he was God. As an aside, I have just published a book that is free to download at Smashwords.com ("iDoubt: When Faith Falters" by C.P. Fagan). As for examples showing Jesus was God, consider the following:
Jesus said that only God should be worshiped. On many occasions, people bow down to worship him. He never tells them to stop.
Mark 14:60-62, the high priests asks Jesus directly if he is Christ: He answers him directly, saying "I am."
Matthew 16:16-17, Jesus commends Peter for figuring out that he is the Christ.

On many other occasions, Jesus wants us to figure out that he is God. On many occasions people bowed down and worshiped him. Not once does he tell them to stop. The logical conclusion: He is God, since people are worshiping him as God and he's not telling them to stop.
Another, Jesus says that only God can judge people. Then, in Matthew 19:28, Jesus talks about sitting on his throne and judging.
In Mark 10:17-18, when called "good teacher" Jesus replied, "No one is good, but God alone." Yet in Mark 14:14, Jesus refers to himself at "The Teacher."
In Mark 2:5, he forgives sins. The Jews aptly note that only God can forgive sins. They were completely right. Jesus knew this and let them figure it out. Indeed, in Luke 5:24, Jesus says that only the Son of Man can forgive sins. If only God can forgive sins and only the Son of Man can forgive sins, then it logically follows that the Son of Man is God. Jesus repeatedly refers to himself as "the Son of Man" most notably at Matthew 16:13 and Luke 22:48).
Jesus constantly talks about the unlimited power and dominion of the "Son of Man" over all things (see, e.g. Mark 2:28, Mark 13:26, Matthew 16:13). Only God is given this kind of power.
Jesus repeatedly talks about judgment day and how he will tell people where to go. Think about this logically: what kind of a nut would he be if he wasn't God and he thought he could control the proceedings of judgment day?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:55 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here