IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is God Punishing Me?
semi
post Jan 20 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #11

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Aide -

Glen has more of a heart for counseling than I do. My specialty is the End-Times but I do have many life-experiences to draw from, so what I know works for some and not for others, I guess.

I speak with conviction because God has intervened in my life in a dramatic way leaving no doubt of His existence. So while many still wrestle with the question of the existence of God, I do not. The only thing I wrestle with in that regard is to what extent He will intervene on my behalf from crisis to crisis.

God is not some genie in a bottle who grants our wishes but whatever He does He does for purposes usually known only to Him. I have found that if I simply trust Him to take care of the situation, the situation gets resolved . In the meantime I know neither how nor when - but it happens.

My feeling is that with all the lost souls out there, the misled, etc. that somehow, some way, God is going to make it all come out in the wash (so to speak).

If I may, I suggest to you that you simply ask Him to come into your life and fill you with conviction at least as strong as mine. He is the Rewarder of those who believe that he exists and diligently seek Him.

Shalom.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aide
post Jan 21 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 612

[I dont know how I ended up on this site semi, cant even remeber what i pressed to be here, but remember feeling as low as i ever have , I dont know if I'll be a regular visitor, but yours and Glens advice has raised my spirits and I do genuinely appreciate that.

+Quote Post
Aide
post Jan 21 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 612

]Hi semi and Glen my second post in one day. I have actually taken my time to read other posts like Coonie whos problems seem remenicent of my own and several on the depression page. I would never have imagined posting a comment on a religeous web site thinking that all would be the domains of cranks and nuts preaching for money. But I have seen more well balanced and considered comments than I could have imagined possible. Not sure how to pray but i wish Coonie all the best and want him to know hes not on his own.

+Quote Post
Glen
post Jan 22 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #14

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Thank you, Aide! rolleyes.gif Your comment encourages me and tells me we're hitting the mark. Hope you stick around!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
William
post Oct 11 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,057

I would like to give a short story of my own which helps me relate to this.

I have been married 5 years ago. Before we got married my wife prayed with all her heart for a sign from God that us getting married was what he wanted. He gave her that sign in the form of her cat giving birth to a kitten with my initial on its back. However now we are struggling. My wife and I struggle to communicate and have different interests now, our daughter shows continual signs of disrespect towards us and has told us she is a lesbian.

You may ask where this is going. Just this. The closer you get to God the more desperate satan tries to keep you away. he does not want you to be saved and will do everything in his power to stop it. If he is attacking your life take it as a sign you may be on the right track. the devil may be the one causing the temptation of smoking to be so bad. Pray to God to make it easier and rejoice in the Lord in all you say and all you do. Keep in mind satan doesn't attack people he already has.

God Bless

+Quote Post
IloveGOD
post Feb 18 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 3,617

Ok, Connie, it looks like you are going through alot right now and could do with a great deal of advice. Thats why i decided to reply to your question. I was very concerned about your situation and thought i shall help thou neighbour. Cigarettes is not the best source to recovering stress issues. This will also not help with your finacial issues with your house, cigarettes are rather expensive and if you were to try and stop smoking you may have better luck with your finance. There are plenty of sources to help people stop smoking e.g - patches, chewing gum and classes. You should give all sources a try.

Your son that is dealing drugs in the street has probably got involved into the wrong crowd. It will be hard to encourage him to leave this crowd as he has been with them for so long and also drugs will make him alot of money selling them and he will look upon this as a luxury other than a crime. You should talk to him and try and get him involved in other stuff or even move away so he has no choice but to come away from the crowd to a different place. Plus if you move you might be off to a fresh start with your family.

Your marriage is probably going through a hard time right now because of all the other issues in your life, once you fix these your marriage will be back up to shape! Maybe you should spend more together time and talk about issues to get them sorted.

God wont be punishing you he will be teaching you a lesson for not keeping to your word, you can be saved as well as your family you just have to try hard and keep to your word next time. Dont try to resolve the issues all at once, it will take time and you best trying one at a time. It will be hard and probably seem like things are getting worse but once you keep on trying and keep your head up things will improve.

I hope the best for you and your family. Things will turn out fine. Believe me. x

+Quote Post
Abhi23
post Dec 14 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 17,092

HI,

I was looking for the topic "Why GoD Punishing me always' then I got into it... I read, read this page... And I felt some encouagement in wtever you guys said. But I think I have some flicks in my faith. After 5 minutes and tea, I thought dont we manipulating the incidents in the favor of what we believe.

It was correct, I start to have troubles mostly when I recently reached out to GOD. beofre that I think I was powerful enough to dodge it or tackle it. But one day I found there is a big plan he drafted for me. When I start to believe it I found troubles blocking my way. And Explanation I got here the more you close to God the more satan's activities will be.

I strongly believe i have a flutuations in my belief. One day I am so confident about what I believe but by EOD I am down again. Dont you think we need testimonies of our own to belief what we are spreading.

If I am wrong please help me to fix my problems with my believes

+Quote Post
sunrisem4
post Jun 22 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 24,797

Is Jesus God?

+Quote Post
prophetic
post Dec 20 2011, 01:10 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 30,672

hi mate , let give this topic in hands of god and i will pray for this ...... May GOD BLESS YOU

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:13 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here