IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Acts 7:5-8
clarkthompson
post Oct 13 2015, 03:57 AM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Acts 7:5-8 King James Version (KJV)
5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.
6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.
7 And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.
8 And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

Acts 7:5-8 Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 But He did not give him inheritable property, not even enough ground to take a step on, yet He promised that HE WOULD GIVE IT TO HIM AS A POSSESSION, AND TO HIS DESCENDANTS AFTER HIM. 6 And this is, in effect, what God spoke [to him]: That his DESCENDANTS WOULD BE ALIENS (strangers) IN A FOREIGN LAND, AND THAT THEY WOULD BE ENSLAVED AND MISTREATED FOR FOUR HUNDRED YEARS. 7 ‘AND I WILL JUDGE ANY NATION TO WHOM THEY WILL BE IN BONDAGE,’ said God, ‘AND AFTER THAT THEY WILL COME OUT AND SERVE ME [in worship] IN THIS PLACE.’ 8 And God gave Abraham a covenant [a formal agreement to be strictly observed] of [which] circumcision [was the sign]; and so [under these circumstances] Abraham became the father of Isaac, and circumcised him on the eighth day; and Isaac [became the father] of Jacob, and Jacob [became the father] of the twelve patriarchs.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 Abraham only owned land where he buried his wife the whole time he lived in Israel. God had not given Abraham a son so his heir for the longest time was his highest ranked servant. Abraham had faith in God’s though even though it seemed impossible.

6 This happens after the Exodus they go into Egypt due to famine but they would become slaves to Egypt and God would later set them free. God would be the one to set them free.

7 God did not let Abraham know the nation because Abraham had connections at that time with Egypt and knowing too much may alter us doing His will. Egypt would fall apart after Israel left for the Promised Land.

8 God gave Abraham this covenant before the birth of his son Isaac. Abraham kept this covenant even though God had not yet given him the promised child. Soon there would be the twelve tribes that would inherit the land.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:13 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here