IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Best Friend Is Bisexual, Look at the title...
Megawatt42
post Jun 4 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,706

So my best friend, Lets call her H, decided recently that she wanted to be bi. I'm not one of the kinds of people that are going to go around judging people because of their sexual orientation. I don't mind her knowing that she likes boys and girls. I have a problem, however, with how knowing how to deal with this. H likes a boy named JD (for this purpose) and a girl named Ja. Now, Ja, H, and I are all best friends. We were inseparable all through middle school. H told Ja that she liked her, and that kinda freaked me out, not gonna lie. I'm starting to feel kind of uncomfortable around H, but I also REALLY want to show her God's love.
JD is gay, and Ja is straight, so H is in this weird situation that both of the people that she likes are not and will not be interested in her. I feel like over the last few days, H has started to kind of... Hide things from me. For instance, she told me that she was going to go camping with her family, and I found out (through Facebook) that she actually had a sleepover with JD and another girl... I had asked her if she wanted to hang out that night and she said that if her family wasn't gonna go camping, she would. Anyways, so today after school, (at the moment, I go to a private Christian school and she goes to a public school, but I have some sports that I'm doing at the public school after the school day is over because I'm going there next year) I saw her kissing a different girl, R, outside of the school. I didn't know that she liked it was interested in R, so seeing that took me completely by surprise.
I don't know how I should be reacting from a Christian standpoint and a best friend standpoint. I know that not talking to her about it and keeping it inside would be really bad because a) i would end up holding it inside and getting really annoyed with everything after a long period of time, and cool.gif that's not something that I would like doing. I also know that if I come at it from the wrong angle, it could seriously hurt our friendship. I don't want to NOT be best friends with her, but I also don't know if staying close to her is something that would glorify God. I really do love her as a friend, and she is my closest friend ever. She doesn't open up to people often and she opens up to me a lot, so I know that we have a really deep bond, and I really like that, I have told her everything about me and I try to minister to her in a non-pushy way whenever I get the chance. I don't want to lose a friend as close as her, but I don't know how to react as a Christian and as her best friend to everything that's going on. I kind of want to talk to her and tell her my thoughts on what's going on right now, but I'm not really sure how to approach the subject. It's pretty touchy, and the LAST thing that I want to do is ruin our friendship by saying something that would upset her (I don't think that it would completely ruin our friendship if it was just one time, but I think it would take a while to get the trust level back up. What should I do? How should I react? Will you pray for the situation? I know that it's in Gods hands and as long as I give it up to him, he can straighten it all out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:21 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here