IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi, New Here
Cookie
post Jun 24 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 796

Hi, I don't know what brought me here but reading Glen's words greatly Blessed me in the little time I've been here.

I'm deeply sorry to hear of Glen's illness and am praying for his full recovery. May the peace that surpasses all understanding be with his wife and family and may the Lord's will be done, Amen.

A little bit about me. I came from a RCC background, than studied with the JW's for years. I always had a great love for God only wondered why there were so many
different teaching/beliefs from His Word the Bible.

So I went into my closet "so to speak" I turned to the Lord alone and prayed for His Truth. Amazing things happened. Having NO Bible knowledge, I studied all I could of
His Word and was Blessed with the gift of the Holy Spirit which transformed me into who I am now. The Holy Spirit of God guides me, comforts me, teaches me, rebukes me, chastises me, convicts me, encourages me, empowers me, loves me, strengthens me.

Once I was of the world but now I'm His, Praise be to God.

Love in Christ, Cookie

--------------------
Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that you and I can't handle together.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
semi
post Jun 24 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Welcome to Web-Church, Cookie.

That's a great testimony. God is the Rewarder of those who believe that He exists and diligently seek Him

Thank you for your comments about Glen. It has come as a great shock to all of us. I know no more about his condition than you do. I continue to pray for him.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
Cookie
post Jun 25 2008, 03:01 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 796

Hi Semi, thank you for the warm welcome smile.gif

Yes, the Lord is not willing that any should perish and why I'm particularly fond of Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. All Praise Honor and Glory to our Heavenly Father, Lord of Lords, King of Kings.

Continuing to pray for Glen and his family.

Love in Christ, Cookie

--------------------
Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that you and I can't handle together.

+Quote Post
Deb
post Jul 1 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #4

Veteran

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 6

Dear Cookie:

Welcome to Web-Church. We are so happy you found us. Even more so, we are honored by your sharing of your awesome testimony. What a blessing!

Just so that you do not feel discouraged, I want you to know not every member replies via a posting on the site. However, whenever you post - prayer requests, prayer answers, remarks, encouragement, sharing of experiences and hopes, or just plain making statements to the forum, a notification will be emailed to each member who has joined that particular (and in many cases all) forum.

Most members will at least open up the notification and read what you have posted. They do not necessarily have to go to the web-site to read your posting. I believe that all who read the postings via notifications sent out, will answer in prayer, praise, thought, gratitude, etc... not always via a new posting to the web page.

So, please do not feel as though only the few who respond are the only members who are reading and praying and being blessed by your postings - as this is not the case. Many just do not respond in writing.

Thank you so much, once again, for sharing your awesome testimony with the fellowship. I was particularly moved by your story. It gives so much hope and shows how much the Bible (His Word) has all the answers we may be seeking. I pray that many readers will take notice of your testimony and find their way to The Word, as you did. Also, the gift of the Holy Spirit!!! Wow!! What a blessing to you.

Please keep coming back and sharing with us.

God Bless, and again we are so glad you found us.

--------------------
In God's Hands, Deb

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:36 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here