IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Relationships With Members Outside Of "small Group Time.", What does it look like?
Brinx
post Jul 16 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 822

I am in a small group and I think I expect more out of it than what I should. We meet and are "friends" and have great discussions and have great bond during small group time. When time to go we hug and say things like "love you brother" and stuff like that. We then see each other on Sunday mornings and hug and chit chat and say "Love you brother" and stuff like that. We have these once a week "non-meaningful" 3 minute conversations and then once every other week during small group time conversations. We supposedly have great relationships and depend on each other and rely on each other and lean on each other.

Here's where my difficulty comes in......Outside of the above, I don't see from or hear from these 5 other guys any other time other than when the discussion topic and questions are e-mailed to everyone for the upcoming small group time. I feel like there should be more from these men? I feel like these guys should be the guys that I "hang out" with. I feel like these guys are the families that my family should have BBQs with on the weekends. I feel like these guys are the guys I go to a football game with. I feel like these guys are the guys I should go up to the hospital with when a church member has fallen ill or has a new born baby. I feel like these guys are the guys I should do some community service work with.

I feel like I'm the only one of us 6 guys that desires to have a relationship with these men outside of the 1 hour every 2 weeks we get together. Am I out of line for thinking that we should have more real "true" friendship/relationships outside of the small group? Or am I expecting to much and should be more in line with the rest of the guys?

Thank you,

Brinx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:13 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here