IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Acts 7:37-38
clarkthompson
post Mar 29 2016, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Acts 7:37-38 King James Version (KJV)
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Acts 7:37-38 Amplified Bible (AMP)

37 This is the Moses who said to the children of Israel, ‘GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR COUNTRYMEN.’ 38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the Angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers; and he received living oracles [divine words that still live] to be handed down to you.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

37 God told Moses what to say often times when Moses spoke it was God’s word. This is reference to Christ it was accepted by scholars of that day that this was a reference to the Messiah which in Greek is Christ. Another view on this scripture was that this was reference to all that prophets after Moses.

38 Stephen is saying that Christ gave the law down to Moses, Jesus we learn from John is the Word so what Stephen is saying makes perfect sense if we can understand that because the law was God’s word but God’s word became flesh and died because we could not live by His laws but were guilty of breaking them.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:03 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here