IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Acts 8:24-25
clarkthompson
post Oct 10 2016, 03:56 AM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Acts 8:24-25 King James Version (KJV)
24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the LORDfor me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.
25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

Acts 8:24-25 Amplified Bible (AMP)

24 But Simon answered, “Pray to the Lord for me both of you, so that nothing of what you have said will come upon me.”
An Ethiopian Receives Christ
25 So, when Peter and John had given their testimony and preached the word of the Lord, they started back to Jerusalem, preaching the good news [about salvation] in many Samaritan villages [along the way].

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

24 This shows Simon is starting to change his heart. Simon was looking at himself and concerned about himself so he is wanting prayer but he is felling to take that next step and see that him submitting to God is the answer for him not to have these things happen to him, this was happening because of his prideful attitude for him to ask them to pray for him shows some humility. He also admits that they serve the Lord but isn’t taking that step to make him his Lord. People today think that they are saved because they know Jesus is Lord but so does satan the question is do you make Him your personally ruler of your life because many who Christ Lord don’t take that saving step.

25 So they preached to the Samaritans and then returned back to the area of the temple, this meant that they were going back to preach to the Jews. Sometimes God will have us go to something different and then bring us back to where we have been but this experience of speaking with Simon would strengthen them just as what God takes us to strengthen us.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:35 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here