IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Some Questions Answered... Please....
Rating 5 V
PrincessWarrior
post Apr 21 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 310

hi to all who read this...
i;m new to these boards and have never acgtually been on any kind of board b4 and am kind of unsure on how everything works... but i'm goingt alright so far haha.
well anyways i would like to know if some people out there could answer some questions for me... i'll list them below... not many! thanks

1. do u have to be baptised with both water and the holy spirit? or is being saved enough?

2. when you have been baptised with the holy spirit, does it give you the ability to speak in tounges... or is that a gift from god? and what exactly does speaking in tounges do, how is it benifitial?

3. what are the main things a christian should know... the basics...

4. because christians believe that satan is real and all, they believe in him although we do not follow him does that mean that altough we do not fpractise or follow it, that we believe in witchcraft...

5. i have a friend who believes in angels, she talks to them through cards, is that a sin, evil?

6. whats the difference between praise & the diffrence between worship?

7. are both god a jesus lords? - lord jesus christ & the lord god almighty... if a christian were to say the lord... who would they be referring to?

8. is hillsong, and hillsong united two compleatly different bands?

9. what is judgement day?

10. what exactly is jesus now... a spirit... a presence... how do i explain him to a non christian...

if anyone could just help me out here, and just answer as many as they can that would be soooo helpful and it would be able to help me get on with my christian life and to live for god! thanks you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Apr 21 2007, 05:23 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Wow! Those are some good questions! Some of them require a whole page or more to answer, so, I'll give you a short answer and then refer you to places I've already given a more complete answer.

1. do u have to be baptised with both water and the holy spirit? or is being saved enough?

When you receive Jesus, you receive the whole trinity (Father Son and Holy Spirit). Baptism with water is merely a public ceremony recognizing that fact. Baptism with the Holy Spirit is a popular phrase representing what some believe is a second, spiritual, baptism, where people are expected to speak in tongues. If the belief helps people get closer to God, I have no problem with it. It's my belief you get everything from God when you accept Jesus.

2. when you have been baptised with the holy spirit, does it give you the ability to speak in tounges... or is that a gift from god? and what exactly does speaking in tounges do, how is it benifitial?

Just so you'll be clear, the Holy Spirit is "him" not "it." Here is my page on Spiritual Gifts where I cover speaking in tongues. Here is an article I wrote on tongues, specifically.

3. what are the main things a christian should know... the basics...

All of the basics are covered in our Online Christian Discipleship School. It's fast and easy to get the answers right out of the online Bible while you're going through the topics.

4. because christians believe that satan is real and all, they believe in him although we do not follow him does that mean that altough we do not fpractise or follow it, that we believe in witchcraft...

Obviously, yes! Witchcraft exists, and is referred to in the Bible, so, we believe in it, but that doesn't make us witches any more than believing in murder makes us murderers. If witchcraft has any power, it is by the devil and demons, and, obviously, we Christians should not mess around with that stuff.

5. i have a friend who believes in angels, she talks to them through cards, is that a sin, evil?

I don't know. I suspect you may be talking about a form of divination which may be talking to demons...that's evil according to the Bible.

6. whats the difference between praise & the diffrence between worship?

Worship is loving God. Praise is one of the ways you express that love. Here's where I give more detail on the act of praise and worship.

7. are both god a jesus lords? - lord jesus christ & the lord god almighty... if a christian were to say the lord... who would they be referring to?

I know this is confusing, but the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all one God, each with different roles in our lives. For example, in Genesis, God says "Let us make man in our image." Therefore, all 3 are Lord.

8. is hillsong, and hillsong united two compleatly different bands?

I don't know

9. what is judgement day?

Generally, that's the time after we're all done with life that God acknowleges where we've chosen to spend eternity. If we accepted His gift, we spend eternity with Him. If we've chosen to reject Him, we spend eternity without Him...our choice. Those of us who have accepted Him, will also be judged according to how well we have served Him.

10. what exactly is jesus now... a spirit... a presence... how do i explain him to a non christian...

Explain is an interesting word. You have to understand, when you're "explaining" things to people who don't believe, some will accept what you say and most will not. Jesus died, came back to life, was seen alive, afterwards, by more than 500 people, and then ascended into heaven. How do we "explain" that to someone who believes no one can return from death?
This is why the Bible says no one can come to God unless the Holy Spirit draws them. It's a thing God does with people who are willing to have faith in Him. All we have to do is let His light shine in us and share the truth about Jesus. Jesus is God, who became a child, died to pay the price for us to be with God, rose to life again, is with the Father in Heaven, and will return some day. He is spirit and body.

Well, I hope I've cleared some things up for you. Please take that Discipleship course so you can learn from the Bible why we believe what we believe and get all the basics you need for your new life.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:31 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here