IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Acts 7:54-56
clarkthompson
post Jun 15 2016, 04:29 AM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,577

Acts 7:54-56 King James Version (KJV)
54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Acts 7:54-56 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Stephen Put to Death

54 Now when they heard this [accusation and understood its implication], they were cut to the heart, and they began grinding their teeth [in rage] at him. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit and led by Him, gazed into heaven and saw the glory [the great splendor and majesty] of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God;56 and he said, “Look! I see the heavens opened up [in welcome] and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Amplified Bible (AMP)Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

54 The Spirit was moving over them He cut their cut their hearts, when this happens there are a reaction theirs was to reject and to choose hate rather then accepting Jesus as Lord.

55 This is referring to Stephen, he had the Holy Spirit in him before because he was chosen as a deacon because of him having Him. This meant the Spirit empowered him during this time I believe this happens often to those who die in the name of Jesus, they are empowered to serve rather then feel the pain of them dying. Stephen was shown Jesus and this would give him a confidence to further serve rather then how the crowds reacted.

56 Son of Man is a reference to Jesus, this would have further angered the men they may have not believed that Stephen preaching Jesus could even see what was in heaven. For him to tell them that Jesus was at God’s right hand would be that action that would throw them over the edge and then have them start stoning him but it could have been used it they opened their hearts to have them come to Jesus and this is why Stephen spoke, he was not trying to cause further trouble but just trying to bring people to the Truth found in Jesus.

--------------------
To be persecuted is to follow after Christ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- clarkthompson   Acts 7:54-56   Jun 15 2016, 04:29 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:54 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here