IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Terrible Situation
Connie
post Oct 9 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 448

I am in desperate need of prayer... My story is so long.... So i will shorten it. My husband and I have lost our home in the last year and we are losing our business, the only source of income.. a friend paid our rent in our new home this month and we have had no income in three weeks. I have faith.. I pray.. I sometimes feel God is punishing us. Now to top it off my husband is facing being arrested if he does not return funds that were held as collateral and we needed it to survive , knowing we should not have touched it , we did in the hopes we could replace it , but we just can't.... why has god abandoned our family?

--------------------
Connie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
semi
post Oct 9 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Coonie -

I know your story from many months ago. I have been wondering how you've been doing.

Well, hindsight is 20-20. I understand your situation better than you might think because my wife and I have been in one business venture after another going way back. At one point we had 230 people working in the business and brought in $ 30,000 a week.

But no matter how good it is this very day, tomorrow it can be all gone. Under-mining free enterprise are a bewildering array of laws and regulations - seemingly designed to destroy small businesses. On the other end are clients that are a main-stay today and tomorrow morning you awake to find your services no longer needed.

Maybe they still owe you a few thousand and refuse to pay it. Why? Because some-one in their upper management decided either to use a different supplier or to do things a different way.

So...when business is good, one MUST make it a point to over-pay one's self enough to put that extra money into a slush fund which is on reality a sort of retirement fund - providing cash for when your business fails as such small operations commonly do in this country. It gives you what you need to skimp along until you can get something else going. And it must be paid to you rather than kept tied to the business - otherwise when the business fails, there goes your slush fund also.

The laws in this country are mostly designed for huge operations, so small operations are lost in the margins.

In your case, I suspect that the financial obligations were in your husband's name because he had the credit rating - which means that fiduciary responsibility is laid at his doorstep even though he might not have a clue what is going on.

Let me just say that one business goes down the tubes, always have something else in mind for the next one. Of you base your business on your talents are art-crafts of some sort and you have made this your dream, it is a very hard pill to swallow when it all goes down. The solution is not necessarily to start up again doing the same things being that you already know that it didn’t work as well as you had hoped.

In our case we did dig gerent things. It doesn’t matter what your business is except that you are honest and fo it well. Many are the businesses in this country that never started out to be nusinesses but some-one was just doing some certain thing very well and more and more people wanted what he or she produced or did until that people realized one day he/she was rich.

Well, such things used tio be more possible than they are today. Laws are now such unless you think big and make it big, you don’t stand much of a chance. By the same token when you go for the big money, money becomes the object and the business is neglected and ultimately fails. When you go for the big money hoping to win big, you also risk losing big.

At least when you start small you don’t risk much. Our businesses all were started with very little capital out-lay - precious little on credit.

So, I ask you: what could you do to make money that doesn’t require a huge investment. If you can think of anything, it might mean you can start earning money, perhaps get a line of credit to cover the money that should have been held as collateral and then pay off the loan with the new business. Or it may be that you can still make something of your failing business by changing something that makes your goods or services more appealing.

Whatever the case, I Pray that God gives you the insight and inspiration to over-come this current situation, and that He keep the wolves from your door while you get back on your feet, In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
daughterofzion20...
post Oct 9 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Advanced

Member No.: 799

Dear Coonie,
I do sympathize with you and your husband during these difficult times you are currently facing, but I can assure you that the Lord has not abandoned you. His words says he will never leave us nor forsake especially in times of need. It is highly unlikely for you to find a child of God who has not passed through turbulent times at some point or the other but Jesus assured that us that he will gives us peace in the midst of the storm and also whenever we call upon in the day of trouble, he will answer us. So my dear sister, I admonish you and your husband to cry out unto God according to his word and he shall answer you speedingly in Jesus name.

Regarding the situation with your husband, please read and meditate on Isaiah 51:12. I was actually trying to find another scripture but I believe the Holy Spirit directed me to this one for you.

Dear Lord, I thank you because you are the all sufficient God, you are our source and the great Jehovah Jireh, our provider. There is nothing impossible with you and so therefore Lord I ask this day that thou would take absolute control and bring divine solution to your daughter and her husband's financial situation. Deliver them from the possibility of indictment and may they find high favor with their creditors and the courts in Jesus name. Amen!

Dear Lord, I also pray that at the end of the day, your daughter will have a great testimony to share in Jesus name.

Trust in the Lord, your God and you will not be disappointed!
It is well with you.

Much love,
taykems

+Quote Post
Connie
post Oct 10 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #4

Veteran

Member No.: 448

I thank you for your help ... and world of faith and inspiration...... I do not know what is going to happen but I am going to use my strength in prayer instead of feeling sorry for myself and fearing .... I am going to put all my troubles and tribulations in God's hands and proceed with faith and do what I can and not worry about what I can't.. Thank you.... your guidance means more than you can imagine . Sometimes you have to feel not read , but feel someone elses faith to learn how to find your own ... and both of you have made me feel your faith........

I read Isiah 51:12.. could you explain what it really means.. I do not want to sound stupid but my knowledge of the bible is minimal i am really trying to learn and I have no one to explain .. I really want to understand.

Thanks for sharing your kindness and faith with me

--------------------
Connie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:20 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here