IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Immediate Need Of Advice, please come in and read
Vorch
post Oct 20 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,191

I was surfing the net seeking advices or quotes that may help my Girlfriend's mother, after some time, God managed to take me here. Thank GOD!

here's the story:

my Girlfriend back in the Philippines sent me a text message regarding her mother, Jem, who was living in UK for a long time, she's a nurse, a really really kind, person, and a believer, until earlier this day.

my Girlfriend said that her mother called her this morning so depressed, sad, crying and to the extent that she wants to kill herself! she said that no one loves her and that God isn't real... unspeakably awful..

I on the other hand, really wanted to help her as she is the only family my Girlfriend has left.. but I know that I can't do anything to ease that pain and suffering she's into right now.. so I'm here seeking advice from anyone here.. please do help..

really appreciated!

thanks so much!

Vorch
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
semi
post Oct 20 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

I don't know why the Lord works this way. I know He is real, He has spoken to me, He has revealed some things to me, He has performed an incredible series of Miracles to help us.

Yet, right now we are desperate with health problems - serious ones - and even after much prayer He has not as yet healed us. Why not? I don't know. In times past when I needed Him most, He was no-where to be found, seen, heard, or felt. Why was that? I do not know - who really knows the mind of God?

I only know He is there. So there are reasons for this we simply do not understand because we do not know what His reasons are.

What I DO know is this: in order to have God help you, you have to commit the situation to Him and leave it in His hands - fully trusting that He will handle it. That is when He is most likely to perform Miracles on your behalf. It is a relationship that must be developed and it's not easy to switch from being completely self-reliant to relying upon Him.

In the meantime I pray that God gives Jem His Peace that passes understanding and Console her, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Shalom.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:12 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here