IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fear And Faith In Work
Glen
post Jan 29 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

We often unintentionally block financial blessings by letting fear keep us from trying or by placing our faith in things other than God and His promises. The story of Isaac's first harvest gives us an example of how hard work done in faith can put us in a position to receive God's blessing. This article reveals the rewards God has established and promised for those who work hard...and those who don't...

Read complete article!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chowchessie10
post Apr 5 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 652

Glen--

I have read your article on fear and faith in work, and I agree that God blesses the diligent and does not encourage the slothful (Jesus' parable on the various talents given to three different men illustrates this point), but I would like to hear your thoughts for us who struggle with severe depression--and there are many of us. One of the symptoms of depression is lack of motivation and a belief that things will never get better. Personally, I went to my doctor and was given proper medication to combat my depression, and I am already feeling better and should be all right. But what does a person do when he or she struggles with this kind of confusion? Also, what happens when no matter what a person tries to do, circumstances always seem to strike him down? Is God angry with that person? Times are hard right now here in America, and a lot of people are losing/or can't find jobs. Again, I personally can't complain. I have been active for God and He has blessed me in many ways. But do I need to worry, that when I am depressed and can't get going, He will reject me? It is a deep fear I have.

Thanks for your good articles.

Chowchessie10

+Quote Post
Glen
post Apr 6 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Genuine depression is a symptom of a physical illness of the brain. This isn't a bad mood or even a bad month, but a chemical imbalance that usually needs to be treated medically to regain a normal life. You're doing what you should do and it seems to be working. God isn't angry with you and circumstances aren't striking you down. You're just ill! That illness may be bringing on the circumstances or the attitude that they strike you down. You might want to stop watching the news if it gets you down like that. Historically speaking, the economy is great in the US, with unemployment at 5.1%, better than 95% of our history, inflation below 3% annually and mortgage rates at historic lows. Try to keep in mind, news broadcasters make money by telling a shocking and frightening story...like the y say, "If it bleeds, it leads." As you say, you're doing OK.

God will not punish you for depression...don't even begin to worry about that. Now that your meds are helping, it might be time for you to begin working on your mental attitude. Read Philippians, 4:8-9, to start.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:45 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here