IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pain And Suffering
dibin
post Nov 14 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 532

Recently i read about ANNE CATHERINE EMMERICH . It disturbed me so much to laern that she had the same wounds as jesus had and that all the wounds used to bleed profusely every year on good friday. I wonder why religion/christianity need to be so gory. Why cannot we read religious articles and close the book with our hearts being happy.
Dibin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Nov 14 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Dibin! This is a great question! If you don't mind, I'd like to spend a little time developing the answer for you and others who may read this:
1. Though society finds it convenient to classify Christianity as a religion, it is not. Religion is based on a belief that God is distant and we must sacrifice (behave in a certain way...avoid evil, do good) to earn our way to a blessed eternal state with Him. With religion, our eternal state is based on God accepting or rejecting our sacrifice.
2. Christianity is the opposite of religion. Christianity is based on a belief that God is close, even intimate with us and, because of His love for us, He sacrificed Himself so we would be able to spend eternity with Him. All we have to do is accept His sacrifice. With Christianity, our eternal state is based on us accepting or rejecting God's sacrifice.
3. Religious systems, including those pretending to be Christian, often rely on gore and manipulation to guilt people into living the life of sacrifice required in the religion. Even well meaning Christians (we'll assume) have used such tactics to promote Jesus. They've used bloody symbols, self-mutilation, graphic descriptions of eternal torture...all designed to play on guilt and manipulate us into giving time or money to the cause. This leaves the impression that Jesus is just a gory manipulation device. Any belief that must rely on such manipulation is devoid of spiritual value. The practitioners know this, which is why they feel they need to manipulate.
4. I've never heard of this Emmerich woman's story, but I'm familiar with the religious superstitions involving "stigmata." Jesus warned that there would be many false signs and false miracles as time goes on, to try and deceive us. This is where I would place this story.
5. With religion, people are compelled by guilt to sacrifice their own lives and try to imprison others. They then judge and condemn those who refuse to be imprisoned...including the true Christians.
6. True Christians have been freed of guilt by the loving sacrifice of Christ. His example of loving sacrifice motivates us to love, sacrifice and help others. Where religion judges and excludes, true Christianity loves, accepts and helps others to know the love of Christ.
7. So, to your question I would say, Christianity is not gory at all. It's all the counterfeits that are gory. I noticed, though, that you are referring to articles about Christianity, not to the Bible. Articles are not the source of information about Christianity...not even my articles. The source is the Bible, especially the New Testament. I've made a study of the Bible for over 18 years and know many others who have done the same. I can tell you without hesitation that we, as you put it, "close the book with our hearts being happy."

No matter how authoritative the author or how many times the Bible is quoted, may I recommend you put the articles aside and pick up the Bible to understand Christianity? Start reading in the New Testament with the Gospel of John and read through the end of the Bible. Then read the Bible from beginning to end. At 30 minutes a day, this will take about a year. During that time, don't read any articles or commentary on Christianity. After that year, you will know the difference between real and counterfeit Christianity. If you have any questions about what you're reading, post them in this forum, along with book and chapter you're asking about. After you've come to understand what true Christianity is, I'm sure you, too, will be able to close the book with your heart being happy.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
dibin
post Nov 15 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 532

Thank you glenn for directing me. I have always felt in my heart that by reading and thinking /meditating on the verses of the bible will help me to understand jesus better. But in my society so much importance is placed on Divine centre and meetings and lectures that i always feel guilty of not attending them. But miracles takes place in such centres .Then it is hard not to be a part of them because then i am not sure whether i am right or not.
love dibin

+Quote Post
Glen
post Nov 15 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Just follow God and His Word and you won't go wrong.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:06 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here