IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Six Questions Of Bible Study
Glen
post Feb 9 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Most Christians think Bible study is so mysterious and requires so much education, they don't attempt it. There really is no mystery to understanding most of Scripture. If we spend prayerful time studying what's in the Bible and ask a few simple questions, we can get what we need out of any segment of God's Word. You'll certainly get much more than just reading or listening to someone else explain it. You can go into more depth if you want to learn how to use other tools, like a concordance or a lexicon, but you can get quite a bit out of Scripture just by asking and answering six types of questions when you study.

Who? Who questions give us the direction of the group of Bible verses we're reading. Who is doing the speaking or writing? Who are they speaking or writing to? Who is the section of Scripture about? You can find out if the verses are...

Read complete article...

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 30 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

(Bumping this up)

This is serious: When-ever you really really want to understand ANY Passage, ask God to explain it to you.

And He will if you are completely committed to understanding it.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
NOTW
post Sep 11 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 883

Soemtimes you will not get the answer right away, There have been many times in my life where I was reading the bible and I asked God about a certain passage and a month or 2 later I got the answer. And it hit me like a brick. God is faithful in guiding you when reading his word, but be patient you will get the answer in his timing.

+Quote Post
semi
post Sep 11 2008, 10:00 AM
Post #4

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

NOTW -

Yes, the way God answers us is beyond our ability to understand.

Here is a Verse that speaks to this:

Hebrews 11.6 (KJV):
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
meta
post Jun 6 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,281

hi, I am new here..first post..attracted by a segment which read something about christianity having lost its way about 1,600 years ago.

It seems I have always already had an in-plugged desire to know and this fills me naturally with these questions without having to think of them.

For me, there are two interlocking necessities to understanding scripture. To study written Word..gain a strong sense for the words written themselves..but possibly even more important..learn to pray. I say this for the sake that Christ's presence needs to be in on our learning. As to say..the written word can only be interpreted rightly..by the living Word within our born-again spirit. Jesus Christ via his holy spirit within us, reveals to our soul (mind), what is already implanted in our new creation spirit-man.

Here then is a matter of clearly understanding a difference between our soul and his spirit within us. James say that we are to 'receive with meekness (mildness-gentleness) the implanted word, which is able to save our souls'.

But it seems to me that a great lack of Christs own Body..the church..cannot even realize or analize objectively..the things they do subjectively..because that is the way they been taught..and so mindlessly follow institutional patterns (forms). If you could understand my heart..it is not my intention to knock various ways churches go about things..not at all. But sometimes..when it comes to matters that are spiritual and of truth (Christ Jesus)..one has to hold up a light before others will even consider.

This matter of realizing what is of our soul nature (our mind, our emotions, our will) and what is of Jesus' spirit nature within us..is of utmost importance..and requires a sense of inward discipline in silencing ones own soul..before his presence can come to the foreground of our soul..and he can disclose his true meaning to us.

So much is being forfieted and lost because of structural church forms (pulpit and pews) which distracts from the deeper spiritual searching and disicipline necessary so that 'the anointing which abides in you..which is of truth and is no lie, shall teach you all things and you have no need that any man teach you..and you shall abide in him..even as you have been taught'

that kind of christianity has been thrown out..every since institutionalism moved in. Jesus Christ was an informal individual..he liked to be asked questions..and answering them..it was an open form of mutual affection. The greatest authority in the christian church..the head of HIS body..humbly gave everything from heaven..his Father's will..and only chided with those who were holders of the old testament and thought they were God's chosen vessels over all others.

Jesus Christ says, 'there is one shepard and you are all sheep' ..the giftings in Ephesians on what is commonly refer to as the five-fold ministry gifts..are not titles..they were meant to function in the Spirit of Christ as instruments of aid..in building up the body of Christ..

But if that mini9ster does not have a clear understanding and vision..between what is of his own soul in nature..and what is of Christ's spirit within him..he will not be able to share with others..what unfathomable depths can be known in Christs kingdom, power and glory.

Surrender of soul to his inner abiding spirit..a child can perform..maybe easier for a child..or unlearned person..whose soul is too active to give Christ within our hope of glory the time of day.

Peace and Love, whether soul agrees or not. meta

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:20 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here