IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Definition Of Tithe-requirement For Christians?
Glen
post Mar 19 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Many Christians follow the religious practice of tithing. Probably most churches teach this practice as a requirement for obedient Christians. Some teach that tithing is required to be Christians or to be a member of a specific church. If tithing is this important, it might be good to know what the Bible defines as a tithe, it's history, and it's practice by Israel and Christians, as recorded in the Bible. You may end up surprised at what the Bible says...it isn't...

Read complete article!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eddieb
post Apr 18 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 718

N.T. = Stewardship of all God has freely given us, we can freely give to others.

O.T. =Christian is not under the law.

+Quote Post
Glen
post Apr 19 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Good Answer!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
gracerules
post Jan 29 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,681

Hi Glen, I just registered and feel the Holy Spirit brought me right where I need to be!! My husband has been expressing exactly the same you did about tithing, and feels that it also places Christians back under the law. We have no problem giving to where the Holy Spirit leads us. It is really amazing though that we cannot find any church in our area that doesn't demand it as a tithe and tries to quilt people into giving in that way. We have written to many about this issue and one of the answers we receive is that we are just "splitting hairs" on this issue. That is so untrue. The scripture plainly tell us that if you decide to live under the law instead of Grace, which is basically saying Jesus did not die on the Cross for each and everyone of us, you had better be able to keep all 600+ plus laws, because if you break one you have broken them all. No one could do that so Jesus came and died for us. Why is this concept so hard for most churches to embrace. It is all love under Grace, and what better place to be. I know these pastors are absolutely wrong to put their sheep in this position and that is why your answer was such a clear scripture base response. I am so looking forward to being a part of this fellowship. Also my husband and I both love your way of Bible study, in that you don't give the answers because the Holy Spirit will show us what we need and as long as it is scripture truth there are many different but correct answers. So thank you for this website. In His Love, Janet & Jack Marceau

+Quote Post
CValentine
post Sep 25 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,503

God instituted the tithe as a way for the Israelites to provide for the tribe of priests who were not given a plot of land (per family) in the Promised Land. There was more than one tithe and also a rule that the 7th year, you rest the land (7th day of rest principle) and so no tithe is due. The tithe was also to be taken to Jerusalem and shared (meats, crops etc.). There was a portion that was to be saved in a storehouse to provide for all the people in times of famine and hardship. In the N.T., the only reference to paying a tithe was made to a Judean who was required to pay the tithe (in exchange for land inheritance).

Today, many church pastors like to pretend that the church has replaced Israel. (makes you wonder how they balance that with supporting Zionism). Anyway, how many churches that lay the old guilt trip on people (through the practice of the error of the Nicolaitans that Jesus hated) to pay a tithe, tell you not to pay tithe every 7th year? How many send the tithe to Jerusalem? How many of these pastors have enough of your money saved up to pay everyone's rent/mtg payment and grocery bill in times of hardship (like now in most of the country)?

The Holy Spirit will guide you if you ask. Remember, you can't buy your way into Heaven even though you can buy a spot on the Pastor's inner circle. Give what and to whom you feel led to - even the homeless guy on the street. When you feel at peace, you are in harmony with the Lord. Think! Is it better to pay for a $Million Dollar building or feed the people who are starving?

--------------------
CValentine

+Quote Post
Biblehero
post May 30 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 24,064

Gentiles are not required to tithe. The tithes were for the Levites and a second tithe was for the poor, widowed, orphans, immigrants and overall needy. Christians never mention this second tithing.

"When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:01 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here