Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do I Help My Daughter Restore Her Faith In God After Sexual Immorality
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
anne
My husband and I just found out that our daughter was having sex with a guy she had just started dating. She would sign herself out of her dorm and spend the night with him numerous times. He gave her alcohol, (she is underage). We had a very strong discussion about the situation, and she seemed to imply that she had already been thinking of breaking up with the guy. However, she seems to be wavering and thinks they both just need some time to work on their issues with God separately, and then they can get back together. Her relationship with God used to be extremely strong, but she has developed a perception of herself of 'playing the victim' because we came out of a church where the people were decidedly unchristian in their actions, and she has seen many high profile Christian role models fall because of sexual sin or financial impropriety. She claims that she has never known a real Christian, even though her siblings and father and myself have demonstrated love and acceptance to her. In the current situation, she is getting the same message from all of us, that this guy used her and she needs to break with him completely, and start to work on rebuilding her foundation in Christ. Now, my question, which I need help - are there any resources that can help us guide her through this process. Any books specifically geared to restoring sexual purity after sin, getting to the root causes, etc. She has a real problem with mocking other Christians because they don't measure up to what she want. How do I address this? Thanks so much for any help.
daughterofzion2011
Dear Beloved, I do sympathize with you and your family.. I have a daughter myself and I know how it must feel.

Regarding your request, I found a couple of good books that I pray will truly bless and minister to you, especially your daughter.

1) Strength in weakness, overcome sexual & relational brokeness by
Andrew Comiskey..
you can purchase this on Amazon for about $10.

2). Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding your heart, mind and soul in a sex saturated world
by Shannon Ethridge.
Barnes and Nobles or Amazon. Cost about $11.

May the good Lord fill you and your husband with his wisdom and direct you as you handle this matter...
Be strengthened, it is well in Jesus name.
Shalom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.