Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seperated For 3 Years And Need Advice
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
Lurkerzrule
Hi,

For a little over three years now, my wife and I have been separated.

No infidelity, or physical abuse in our marriage. But, in my opinion, the emotional and psychological attack I unleashed onto my family was enough (and rightly so) for my wife to tell me to leave. I did so in the middle of a complete and total nervous breakdown or demonic attack, as I call it.

During these three years, God has revealed to me a great many things about myself. My addiction to self being at the top of a great long list of flaws and reasons that I could never become the person God wanted me to be, both for Him and to my wife and son.

I guess I could write about how, over three years ago, I slipped into a severe depression due to a job offer falling through. Or how the medications the doctors prescribed for the depression made me psychotic to the point of a suicide. (Overdose). I allowed the enemy to truly take all that the good Lord had blessed me with- a beautiful wife and son. Through a lot of prayer, study, and self examination I feel that God has used my family destructive ways to forge me into a better person. And I don't have enough praise for God for all he has done for me.

I feel that I have reached a point that a decision needs to be made regarding our marriage. I understand that the wounds dealt by my selfish actions will be hard for her to get over, if ever. I know that she dealt with all situations in the best ways she was equipped.

The simple truth is, after over 3 years of separation, I still Love her. Probably more now than I ever did, over the 11 years we have been married.

When I have asked in the past, she just can't answer the question if she wants to stay married and go to counseling or divorce. At this point, I feel stuck in limbo and feel very discouraged. I feel as though my life is stuck in a holding pattern.

Any prayers, advice and well wishes are GREATLY appreciated.

foolygoofy
She is your wife and you two are to be together.

Have you spoken with your wife to see if she will give you another chance?
You need to take what God has reveal to you and correct it, do your best, pray, try, if you fall you correct it, fast and keep going. You have to tell her that you want to try again and to give you another chance. Ask for forgiveness and talk to her, communication is an essential thing to a marriage. Let your heart out when talking to her, prove that you changed or will change things from the past and ask her to try again, but this time you have to deliver, or you'll end up in this point again. Most likely she will like to start slow, take what she gives you and prove to her that things will be difference.

Is she a Christian?
If she is then you have to put your differences a side, and not try to please each other so you two are compatible, you have to work it so that you two will be like Jesus. If she is not a Christian, then my friend, you are in for a ride, currently I'm a Christian, my wife as good as she is and respects God, she is not a Christian so when I try to do things in the Christian way, she wants to go with the culture so when there are fights it's like the Cold war at home only that you are trying to bring peace but she tries to punish me. So for that all I can tell you is patience, prayer, fast and wait and see what she decides or when God will touch that heart.

God Bless, welcome to my prayer list. Let me know how it goes and how I could help.

Regards

Dargel Napoles
Lurkerzrule
FG,

Thank you for your prayers my friend.

The funny thing is, I though I was a christian and was saved in November of 1997, until this mess started. And as sick as this may sound I would not give up the last three years for anything on this Earth.

Yes, I may end up losing a wife/my best friend and a 6 year old son. But I gained the knowledge of the Lord and his love for me.

I prayed for a Door for me to step though. Right now its all I can ask or even hope for. I know this is going to be tough, but if God be for me, who dares be against me?

Thanks again for you prayers and may God keep you.

RBK
ylsoccermom
hello

I too was under a demonic influence for awhile. I was in a daze I look back now and say wow that was not me. My husband and I separated for about a year or so. We did reconcile and are stonger than ever. We still have some hurt from the past do deal with, but we are dealing. Once I got out of the demonic haze GOD really worked miracles for us. Good luck I will pray for you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.