Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Promote To Another Company Or Wait...
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
foolygoofy
I currently work for one of the best companies in the field of building management. I have been with the company for 6 years now and I have come from the bottom and working my self up. A few people above my boss told me (nothing in writing) that if I get a license required by the state I could move up to the next step and make double of what I知 making now. I have been working to get that license and fail two times, but I知 going for the third time in a few weeks.

Now my ex-Boss calls me with a job offer paying double of what I知 doing now. My ex-Boss transferred to another building to save the contract, but the company never backed him up so he end up being fired and a few weeks later the contract for that building was lost, so the board at that building called my ex-Boss to see if he wanted his job back but he refused because it was a crazy workflow there and now is looking for something easy to kill time until retirement.

I never minded work, as a fact in the building that I知 at I知 suppose to help manage and I do it, but for no extra charge also do the computers, network and web, so I知 use to be on the run.

Now would you leave a company that promised you something that you almost have it within reach or will you go for an offer that is double your salary with a company that you don稚 know, or will you stick around with your current company perhaps another year for that promised promotion?
Lurkerzrule
Hmmmm....

I also have to hold and get certifications (Building Official) from the state I work in, so I understand about the failing of certification exams. All my prayers and wishes for your upcoming test.

I am sure you are praying about it, but if it were me I'd have to think and pray hard about leaving any secure job in this economic environment. If the company you work for now is stable, secure and offering upward mobility I'd be inclined to stick around. Get the certification and see what happens. It seems like the company you work at now has rewarded you for your work ethic.

I'll be praying for you and the clarity God will bring.

RBK

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.