Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Struggling
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
jsn4219
hello,

im a 25 year old male, in a relationship with a girl for a few months and i have really fallen for her. I have been burned bad in my relationship prior to this one. I was cheated on and the whole bit. I have serious trust issues now. I am constantly worried about losing her or that she is cheating on me. I know i need to let go and put the whole situation in God's hands, but i have been trouble having peace in doing so. Has anyone ever had situations like this. I was never like this until the previous relationship. Now i am experiencing feelings of frear of being alone, worry, and an in-ability to trust. I am just asking for some prayers and some clarity from God. Also any advice would be greatly welcomed. I am really at a breaking point mentally.

Thank you.
myJesusmyLord
Hi,
I understand how you may feel. What would be best is to separate yourself from this relationship and really seek the Lord about it.

In the beginning, relationships are very nice but the longer you stay in them, the more you learn about yourself and the other person. If you are not strong right now when you get deeper into the relationship and problems come, you may not know how to deal with it. You are going to have to be ok with yourself before you will be ok in a relationship with someone else.

I have been single for 4 years now. It is not easy because I would love to have someone in my life. I pray everyday for God to bring the right person in my life. I am waiting on the Lord. And that is what I suggest to you. Pray to the Lord, Jesus and ask him to help you and strengthen you so you can be prepared for a relationship.

I was feeling the same way about a guy I really liked. I was worried and anxious all the time about him because I did not think I was good enough. You know what happened? Well, he found a job in another state and moved there, I mean really far away. It hurt so bad. All I could think is 'Why?'

It is because God wanted me to trust him. He wants to be #1 in our lives. He cannot if we put other people or things in his place.

Start reading your Bible (if you are not already) & Stop worrying about things out of your control. The Gospel of John is a good place to start. This book of the Bible will show you how much God really loves you.

Also, start doing volunteer work at a church or help someone you know is in need. This will get your mind off of yourself and on the God and doing his will, which is helping others and sharing the Gospel with them.

Then just think of all of the things God has helped you with. Give the Lord thanks for where you are today. Even if it is just one thing, thank him for that. It may be hard at first but you can do it.

Gradually you will see yourself, God and others in a different light, Which will improve your relationships.

God Bless You!
Glen
Hi! I just wanted to add another perspective to the advice that's been offered for both you and myJesusmyLord. As sad as it is that you have had failed relationships in the past, it doesn't mean you should wait until God turns all the lights green and marks the road so you won't have any detours. In my personal experience and from 15 years counseling, those kinds of relationships don't exist. I believe you should have faith in God...faith enough to try again and again until it's clear the person you're seeing is the one He wants for you. If you don't have a relationship. O.K. but where in the Bible does it say you can't date someone until you know they're the right one?

jsn4219, it sounds like you have a relationship you feel is very special. I'd suggest you tell her how you're feeling, about your past and your insecurity. If God thought relationships would be smooth-sailing, I doubt there would be so much relationship advice in the Bible...sacrifice for each other, consider their needs above yours, forgive each other, bear each other's burdens, etc. Work with your girlfriend through the difficult emotions. If she can handle it, she might be the one for you...if not, you'll find out sooner. We'll be praying for you.
jsn4219
thanks to both of you for the advice. it has really been a blessing to me. its hard to describe the emotions i have to know that complete strangers would take the time to pray for me. thank you so much.

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.