Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! My Best Friend's Husband Is Cheating! What Should I Do?
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
Ann15
My friend really loves her husband and thinks the world of him. I run the risk of losing her friendship if I tell her. I've already got some really good advice on this from the Yolanda Ro site (Yolanda Ro Speaks Life):

I'm going to post her answer to me from her IM chat board. I think this is pretty sound advice...what do you all think?

[18:05:46 12/08/09] Ann : my friend's husband is cheating on her. She's very in love
with her husband to the point she's brainwashed I think. Should I tell her or not?
Any responses-from a Christian perspective of course-would be greatly appreciated.

[18:16:47 12/08/09] Yolanda Ro Chats: Hi Ann.
I've been in one of these situations
before and it's not an easy solution.
Sometimes the friend is not ready to hear the truth.
You can hint around the topic but if she changes the subject
you will know she's not ready
to go there. The good thing about this is
it gives you an indication that she may already suspect
what's going on; truly the wife usually hasrecognized one or two signs of infidelity.

Now, on the flip side of that if, by not telling her, you see genuine danger involved [ the likely hood of her contracting AIDS or her husband plotting to harm her] then quite naturally you will need to alert your friend in order to SAVE HER LIFE!

[18:28:36 12/08/09] Ann : Thank you YRC.
That helped me a great deal
Ann15
This is the rest of her advice. I don't know why it didn't post at the end of my original post:

If she changes the subject she's not ready to go there. The good thing about this is it gives some indication that she may already suspect her husband's infidelity but is not ready to face facts. Truly the wife always receive signs from the Lord.

Now on the flip side of that if, by not telling her, you detect danger involved [contracting AIDS or her husband plotting to harm/ruin her] then quite naturally you will need to alert your friend in order to spare or even SAVE HER LIFE!

[18:28:36 12/08/09] Ann : Thank you YRC
That helped me a great deal
daughterofzion2011
Dear Sister, this is a really delicate matter and like Yolanda said, if you do tell her you stand the risk of losing her friendship but i tell you something it is worth taking the risk if you truly love her and want her to know the truth about her marriage.. If you believe that the husband is really cheating on her, I will encourage you before telling her to either seek counseling/advice from your pastor/spiritual leader or the alternative will be to go to the Lord in prayer and seek the counsel of the Holy Spirit and let him lead you and grant you the wisdom in handling this issue the proper way and i assure you, everything will work itself out by his grace.. I also admonish to begin to pray ahead for your friend's marriage that the enemy will not have his way completely.. the marriage can still be saved if the Lord intervenes.

Father God, i ask in the name of Jesus to minister to your daughter for she needs your guidance and divine wisdom in handling this delicate issue concerning her best friend. Thank you Lord for I know that at the end of the day, all things shall work together for your good in Jesus name.

shalom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.