To begin my question I should probably give you some history on the relationship between myself and the the other person involved in this incident. Basically she and I were a silly teenaged romance a few years ago, we were both fifteen, and as these things tend to go it all ended with a lot of ill feeling an bitterness which I struggled to overcome, but thanks to God I was able to close the door to any resentment to this person.

However every few months I would receive messages from this person wanting to see me, which the first few times I accepted hoping that I had been given a second (and third, and fourth and so on...) chance to make a fresh start with this girl, who was also a very close friend at the time of our relationship. But sadly each time she called out to me it was for her own benefit and I found myself wrapped around her finger and putting her before a lot more important things (my faith included, i am sorry to say)
But once again I managed to shake loose of her grasp and was fully able to regather myself.

But earlier this evening when celebrating the closing of a festival that takes place in my home town, she and I crossed one an other for the first time in almost a year. I thought I should just walk past her and avoid any awkwardness and hope she wouldn't notice me as I passed her, but she did and tried to get my attention by saying my name which she repeated when I didn't turn around.

I am now heavily stricken with guilt for what I did. Its torturing me to think that I literally turned my back on someone I once held so dear to me, someone who despite treating me badly I had been able to forgive, but I'm not sure if this feeling of guilt is just. Am I right to be feeling guilty or was I right in what I did. Your answers would mean a lot to me as I try my best to be a good Christian but at times like this I just need some steering in the right direction.