Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Personal Relationship With God
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Bible Questions And Answers
itshumannature
I was raised as a Christian, but over the course of time left the church that I grew up in and became involved in another church denomination.

During my early years in the church I learned the basics, but I do not recall learning much more, as a mature christian would.

My question has to do with the fact that for over 20 years I was associated with an organization that outwardly appeared to make so much sense.

Over the course of time I started to research some doctrinal issues that I had within this church, and could not reconcile them.

I refused to address my doubts with anyone, including my spouse, I felt that it was my lack of spiritual understanding that was getting in the way. So I would delve deeply into God's word for clarification, with much prayer, and the deeper that I searched the more confused I became, about the doctrines being taught in that church. One of the issues had to do with whether or not Jesus is the Almighty God or is he only God's son.

I feel that as time goes on that maybe the most important thing is to recognize that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, follow the Ten Commandments, and practice the golden rule. It seems that too much time is spent on doctrinal matters.

My concern has been; that I truly want to understand the divinity of Christ, I have had such an opposite view that it has been quite a challenge understanding this. It may sound simple to many, but do to my long term involvement in a church that teaches that Jesus is not Almighty God, it has clouded the truth somewhat. I also found that the focus on the churches literature, seemed to rate almost as high as the Bible, which did not help any, so I decided that I needed to set aside literature such as; magazines, phamplets, books, in teaching me, So now I have been solely reading the Bible as a good place to begin my journey of re learning.

There are several other doctrinal issues that I would like to address at another time. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
4hope
Hello,

I just discovered this forum yesterday so I hope you are still part of it. The deity of Christ is proved over and over in the Word. I also had to "unlearn" many things I once thought to be true. Going straight to the the Word of God is the most important first step in coming to a knowledge of the truth.

There is One God. God is the Father and God is the Son and God reveals Himself to those who seek Him through His Holy Spirit. The Father is invisible. He took creature form in order to create and took human form in order to redeem. Christ is the image of God. Christ is the Word.

A good verse to read regarding the deity of the Son is Isaiah 9:6:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

In this prophecy, the Son is also called BOTH the Father and the Almighty God.

Compare John 1:1 with John 1:14.

John 10:30
I and My Father are One.

Compare Gen 1:1," In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Now compare this with Col 1:12-17.

Colossians 2:9 speaks of Christ:"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead [Deity] bodily."

These are just a few examples. There are also verses where both the Lord Jesus Christ and the Father are called our Savior. There is One God. He is multifaceted in that He has many different titles and took visible form so that He could show Himself to us.

4hope
daughterofzion2011
Dear itshumannature, I will encourage you to immediately cut off all ties from that church. Any church that does not believe that Jesus Christ and the Father are one is definitely not one centered on Christ. Remeber, we are in the last days and the scriptures warned us of false doctrines & teachings that will creep up in the world.

As my brother/sister has broken it down. The Holy Trinity in our Christian Faith and what our bible teaches us is that there are 3 persons that make up the Godhead which is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Now, God the Father is the one who is referred to as the Almighty God, the creator of heaven and earth. The All knowing, All Powerful and All seeing God. He is the Jehovah.

God, the Son is our Lord and Saviour (Yeshua)... Who is God, manifested in the flesh, since he is a Spirit and cannot relate with man in that form, he had to take on the human form when he came down to earth in order to set us free from the grip of satan.
John 10:27-30

Finally, the God, the Holy Spirit is the Power of God in Action. It is through the Holy Spirit of God that God interacts with His creation today, for He no longer walks with man face to face as He did in the time of old with our beloved father Abraham, Jacob etc, and He no longer is physically amongst us as He was when Jesus Christ walked the earth.

The Holy Spirit is with us, believers every single day of our lives because he lives in us and that is why the bible says " our body is his temple because he dwells in us comforting, teaching, encouraging, convicting and speaking to us always.
John 14:16-20

Acts 2:17, Joel 2:27-29,

Beloved, I pray that this information will clear up the confusion you have about the Godhead. I pray the Holy Spirit will open your understanding as you search his word and seek the truth.

Be blessed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.