Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need prayers
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
Deb
Dear Prayer Warriors,

This is my dear sister who always stays neutral in the family drama with my drug addict sister and never says anything to anyone. She has been keeping this inside and is finally releasing it after what she has called 7 years of depression.

My sister had a horrible roll over (front over end) accident many years ago and has suffered from injuries with rods and plates in her arms and legs and now arthritis all through he spine. She also deals with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus - which is even more difficult to control for her because of her pain and her stress.

She needs prayers from everyone right now. I never knew that she was having problems with her marriage because she has kept it to herself - my drug addicted sister has taken center stage in our family for the past 10 years and has not allowed anyone else to talk about anything but her. It's a sick dysfunctional family. But, my sister, Carrie, is a good, loving mother, wife and awesome sister. She is also a child of God.

She knows and loves the Lord and is asking us for prayers.

Here is what she wrote:

Hi Deb, I need prayers right now please. I have been
sick this last week with streop and my sugar numbers
are bad, but that is just what is making this harder
right now. It looks like Chuck and I are going to
divorce. I have'nt been telling anyone about are
problems that have been for a few years. So anyway,
things just got reaally bad and I am scared. So
please just pray for me. Thank you, Love, Carrie[/color]
Glen
Hi Deb! Please tell Carrie we're praying for her. sad.gif As you know, we addicts often have to hit bottom before we're willing to do what it takes to recover. As sad as this divorce is, it may be a new starting point for Carrie. We'll be praying.

Love & Hugs,

glen
Deb
QUOTE(Glen @ Jul 22 2006, 07:59 PM) *
Hi Deb! Please tell Carrie we're praying for her. sad.gif As you know, we addicts often have to hit bottom before we're willing to do what it takes to recover. As sad as this divorce is, it may be a new starting point for Carrie. We'll be praying.

Love & Hugs,

glen

Hi Glen,

Carrie is not the sister who is the addict. It is my younger sister who is the addict who has taken center stage in our family for the past 10 years. Carrie has never been a drug abuser at all. She just has medical issues and now it seems marital problems.

I must have written the request in a misleading way. In no way is Carrie an addict.

Thanks Glen.

In His Hands,
Deb
Glen
Sorry I misunderstood.
Deb
QUOTE(Glen @ Jul 22 2006, 09:25 PM) *
Sorry I misunderstood.

No problem, I was a bit wrapped up in the emotion of the moment, so I wrote it a bit confusing blink.gif regarding who was who with my sisters.
Rick
Greetings
I will be glade two pray for both of your sisters as it looks like it is needed.

A friend in Christ
Rick
Cargo
Hi Deb

It breaks my heart when a believer says she's "scared." Nothing in this world can be worse that one of God's little ones that are afraid because of the raw deal life deals to them. Especially when its a timid one like Carrie that has bottled it up for so long and wrestled with it alone. Please assure her of my prayers too - not that I'm anyone of note, but because Father knows how much I want her to be happy and restored again. We come against the working of the evil one in her life right now and bind his works. God is known by His very essence which is "Love" and devil is known by his very essence which is "Fear" We pray dear Lord for your wonderful love to be poured out in Carrie's heart right now because Your Word makes it abundantly clear that "Perfect love casts out fear". Please fill her and saturate her with Your love right now so that there cannot be room for fear to torment her any longer. You read in that synagogue so long ago from Isaiah where You said that You have come to "bind up the broken hearted" and to "set the captives free". We believe that You do it right now in Carrie dear Lord - please - and we let this request come to you with great thanksgiving because we know that You hear and You've promised to deliver us when we call upon You. Thank You Lord that we know these things because YOU have told us and we know You cannot lie. We know Lord that You won't pass Carrie by and it thrills us to know it. Thank You too Lord that You've told us that if we know that You've heard us then we have our request - and right now our request is for a miracle that will shake all concerned and bring such glory to You too - please dear Lord.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.