Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christian Musician
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
RAMBO1962
Hi everyone my name is Bob

Im from New Hampshire . With that being said, being a christian musician in New Hampshire is a tough job compared to other states. Even being a christian in NH is tough. We have the lowest number of people that attend any churches or partake in any religion activityies at all.

If you mention your a christian musician your looked at really funny . When I attempt to explain that christian music is just like all music except the lyrics may be different. Ive been in several Christian praise teams in churches and even playing in our churches you get alot of people that do not care for contemporary christian music. Bring in electric guitars and drums without even playing them and people react to a point where pastors and worship leaders such as myself have been driven out of churches in despair. Im the type of guy that tries to stand his ground and pastors even get nervous.

Anyway I have left a bad situation of a church and thought about wqhy don't I try to start a music ministry or band that can bring fresh music with a message to many churches travel around also bring the church to various places such as shelters veterans non profit places etc.

Ive posted ads on craigslist looking for other musicians with little or no sucess even have looked for other bands that maybe I could join and bring in my ideas with nothing. I advertised for churches even no results. Im trying not to get discouraged but I know there must be other musicians that feel the way I do and would love to play christian music like I do. I have had no luck to a point I wish I could move down south where christian music is normal. we dont even have a christian radio station.

Ive had chances to play in bands but I dont want to play bars and drink and Im not in it for the money. I believe God has given me the gift to play to use that gift for good. However its getting discouraging I really want this bad I pray and practice and search every day I just dont know what else to do. I often wonder why so many are turned off by the mere mention of being a christian. Ive lost friends that because Im a christian called me a holy roller . I dont act any different or go around preaching or anything. sometimes I just dont know. to a point I get depressed and confused.

The only advise Ive gotten was drop the word Christian from your ads. Any advice and prayer would help thank you a and God bless everyone here.
Tanner
well im from Missouri and i have a christian death metal/ rock band called He Who Avenges Blood (name taken from the Psalms) we are dedicated to whatg your talking bout we are dedicated to showing the world that christians can rock and God does approve. the bible says to make a joyful noise unto the Lord and i believe that that means anything that praises the name of Jesus is joyful to his ears. with that being said we know that alot of christians are old school and dont like our type of music wich is cool beans but we focus on proving to the world and christians that are strictly hyms that just because its not Are You Washed In The Blood doesnt mean that its not christian. God gives talents for reasons and God wants you to use your talent for him no matter what form rock hard rock heavy metal scremo worship folk anything. he can use us for any type of music and their is power in words and seed once a unsaved teenager listens to our music they have heard the word of God and the seed is planted and thats what we are we are fishers of men and yes everyone just because you cant understand what we say doesnt mean others cant teenagers can hear every word in a scremo song because they pay attention and once they have heard us the seed is planted and God can move thats what were dedicated too. btw were seeking a lead guitarist and a drummer so i dont know if your interested but thats what we need. if you are interested we have rules to be in the band. the # one rule is you must have a continually growing relationship with Jesus Christ and you must "take up your cross daily" if you wish to continue just email me God bless
Tanner
and something i forgot to say. we are in it for the profit... but not a money profit our profit comes from people being saved we enjoy seeing the youth and even adults of the world saved we play for free and we are in it for God
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.