Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Messing Up, And Cant Explain Myself
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
tomgnewman
Ok I hvae gone to Uni, and for whatever reason my morals have slipped. I have started drinking more (And sometimes by myself because I feel a bit depressed), I have tried some illegal substanis, I pissed on a statue of the Virgin Mary, made out with a guy when being really drunk. Yeah thats about as bad as I have done.

And I know that God has forgiven me, I feel #### about it, its yeah im getting over it. BUT the big problem is that I have non christian friends who wont let me get over it and keep on bringing it up. What do I say to them? Im at a theology/philosophy specifc college as well so we are all educated and have opinions on religion. What do i say to them about my mistakes?
skinny123
[font="Tahoma"][/font][size="2"][/size]
You should thank your non-Christian friends for pointing out what walking away from God does (sinning) to a person's morals and then go find real Christian friends and surround yourself with them. Also, you say you know God has forgiven you but I do not think you have forgiven yourself. That is exactly what satan wants. It's a new year take advantage of that. A clean slate is so nice.
Henry
Well said skinny123.
May I add:
tomgnewman - you said, "for whatever reason my morals have slipped." You REALLY need to know what the reason is or you'll get blindsided - again. It's really simple to state the reason - and takes all we've got to put it into practice - but it is SOOOOOO worth it.

You took your heart and mind off Jesus. No wonder boredom and depression set in. You are trying to fill up the gaping hole in your gut with something - anything - and it isn't working. Even worse, it is making you feel even more terrible and setting you up for a repeat performance. After all - we gotta get relief - somehow. Right? We need happiness - right? Of course we do.

Then along comes Satan who is trying to get you caught up with condemnation and guilt by quoting rules and commandments and expectations - thrown up to you by "friends". They won't relent because they are being inspired by their god, the devil. The objective is to wreck you with shame and then burden you down with a load of work to get your act together. AND - you are sucking right into it. You've been sucker punched. You are being slicked and snookered into false doctrines, legalism and intellectualism. You have lost sight of Jesus.

He said He would give perfect peace to us IF we keep out hearts and minds fixed on Him because we trust Him. If we don't have perfect peace, the implications are obvious. PLEASE get around some people who know Him and know Him well. They will remind you of His intense love for you. They are of a different Spirit and your spirit will leap in response. Grow in grace and in the knowledge of your best Friend, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Know Him. Know Him. He's real.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.