Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lord's Supper?
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Faith Questions-Knowing God
ILOVEJESUS
WHat is the Lord's Supper? I need to know some of the main basics of it before I can do anymore with it. I am new here, and, just want to know what it entails before tackling into it any further. Thanks for any, and, all of your help.
Bryan
Paul’s words describe the supper as symbolic of the broken body and shed blood that Christ gave for His Church. The body and blood are constant reminders of the hope Christians have in His forgiveness and His coming again.
Also termed as "The Last Supper". It was performed on the Eve of Christ's crucifixion and his final supper with the apostles.
The breaking of Christ's body as a sacrifice for us, is brought to our rememberance by the breaking of bread. The shedding of Christ's blood by which the atonement was made is represented by the wine in the cup.
We do this in rememberance of him and of what a high price he paid for our sins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.