Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marriage Problems
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
gayle
Hello;
I have never requested a prayer before online, so here goes. My husband and myself are having extreme marriage problems. I am not sure we will survive in our marriage. Our fights are about anything and everything. IN the past I have asked God to come into our marriage and to heal us and our marriage. Now I am asking for prayers, as I think that my marriage is going towards divorce. (he has stated this "idea" to me in the past; and he doesn't know if he wants to be with me). I am scared, sad, and lonely. I am also worried for my marriage. There are no children, but two people who are hurting.
Thanks for the prayer.
drawingboard
I pray that your husband will love you more and that you will respect him. God will do a miracle but you have to let God lead this marriage. I know how hard it can be to be in constant disagreement with someone you love. I have had this in my marriage before ut I learned that I am not always right and that he is not either. But this is a fact and to hold those differences against one another is not the way of love. The Lord promised us that if we delight ourselves in Him(his word, instructions and ways) thathe will grant us the desires of our heart. I take this that if you honor God with obedience when your husband is not obedient, God will move mountains for your marriage and take lead of it and set you and your husband on the right track. I know because he did it for my marriage. I had the same issue you are having but when I stop fighting my husband with words and attitudes, God gave me a word in my mouth for my husband of love and respect and that help encourage my husband to be a better man, and we are not perfect in any way but at this point it is alright that he is not perfect to me, if I trust that he can change. So trust God that your husband can change and he will. God will do the same for you, just let Him.
Glen
Hi Gayle! I'm so sorry this is happening to your marriage. I am praying for you.

I don't want to suggest I have any answers to your problems based on what little I know about them. Let me suggest to you, though, that it is impossible for one person to argue unless they are schizophrenic. What I mean is, if you were to let him have the last word in everything, let him have his way in every decision and refrain from offering your opinion, it would be impossible for the two of you to argue.

I'm not saying this would be fair, you are wrong or you must submit...don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is that you have the power to end the arguing immediately by not participating in it. If you do this in a positive, loving way, maybe it will make him reconsider the relationship.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.