Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T Have So. Many Things That Have Caused Me To Have Trust Issues. And This Has Cause Me To Have Problems In All Types Of Relationships. I'm In A Reru W
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
portuguesa
I have many things that have happened in my past that has caused me not to trust people. This has caused problems in all my relationships espicially the relationship I'm in now. I love him so much and I know he does as well but I have to deal with the things from my past in order to grow and move on. If anyone can help me it would me so much. Thank you.
LonelyLamb
Hi Portuguesa,

I think I have the same kind of problems you have, although it's hard to say, since your post is not very specific. This topic is something I would like to discuss as well. I don't know how I might be able to help you, except to share my experiences. If you want me to do that, I will.

~Sandra
IamKoala
QUOTE (portuguesa @ May 23 2010, 07:30 PM) *
I have many things that have happened in my past that has caused me not to trust people. This has caused problems in all my relationships espicially the relationship I'm in now. I love him so much and I know he does as well but I have to deal with the things from my past in order to grow and move on. If anyone can help me it would me so much. Thank you.

Hi,

All I know is that trust is very hard to do. I have struggled with trusting for a very long time (and for good reason), However, TRUST GOD that He knows exactly what you are going through. Ask Him to help you trust more. Is your partner involved in church or a believer? If not, you will have to go thru many storms (if not already) in your relationship. Because if your partner is not a believer...you will be fighting against what is opposite of God. You need t 'yoked' relationship (the two of you believing and living for Christ). If you are both believers then you should pray together all the time. Pray for God to intervene in your relationship and to heal the brokenness you feel from your past.
Anne05
Hi,

Often it is difficult to let go of the past and move on. However, our heavenly Father is loving and compassionate. He has forgiven all our faults, if we have confessed and repented. Likewise, we also have to forgive others if we have been hurt or taken advantage of. After all, God is in control and nothing happens without His knowledge.

If both of you love each other, then it ought to be easier to trust each other and move on. More importantly, trust in God who can help us to forgive and forget and at the same time, can increase our love for others.

Praying together is vital and can help, both of you tremendously.

God bless you.

Anne
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.