Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Just Joined This Forum
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > General Interests And Fellowship
LonelyLamb
Hello everyone,

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Sandra and I am a wife and a mother of three (ages 2, 3.5, and almost 9). My husband (Gef - with a hard "G" - is what we all call him) did not grow up going to church or learning from God's Word, as I did. He does not believe in any religion or God, but he is a wonderful person and I am thankful to have him in my life and as the father of my children (my oldest is not his biological child, but she lives with us). I came upon this online forum because I was searching for an online church. I have recently felt the need (again) to be involved in Christian fellowship and it is not easy to just start going to church (since my hubby would not be going with me, and I haven't been teaching my children to believe, either - not to mention, it is a real struggle to bring them all to church with me). I was so glad to find this forum! I have been involved in other Christian forums, but it is refreshing to find one whose focus is on fellowship, and not on debate.

I used to be a dedicated member of The Salvation Army. I was a part of that church for about 14 years (from age 13 to age 27). I attended with my mom and step-dad. I learned a lot while in that congregation. I really relished the Bible studies and I basked in the feeling of community and the acceptance that I felt there. It wasn't a perfect church, and The Salvation Army has its flaws, but that was not why I left. I quit attending because of my shame at becoming an unwed mother. Soon after that, I met my now-husband, Gef. I was done with church and Christian guys (like the father of my now 9-year-old) for a while. Since then, I have attended churches now and then, here and there, but it has been hard because I had to try to start over. The people at The Salvation Army knew me and I felt like part of their community. I had started going there because that's where my family went. In the new churches, I was basically going at it alone, and I am not a big socialite. Not to mention, I usually felt I didn't belong there because I was an unwed mother and (from the time my daughter was 2) living with my atheist boyfriend. So, I have been just kind of bumping along through life, just getting by and stuffing my faith in my pocket.

A few years ago, my step-dad died, leaving my mom alone in their house. She handled it well, as always, leaning on God. She soon started attending a wonderful new church in our area, and I have recently had the blessing of finding out what an impact she has had in their lives in these past two years. During this time, I continued to live a sort of worldly life, focused on getting by and trying to fit in with those around me.

Then my mom died. It was one month ago today that she went to the hospital, and less than 48 hours later, she passed away. She was only 59. It has been a rough, stressful road for me since then, because her sickness and death was only the beginning of the stress for me. It's kind of like life caved in on me and I wasn't strong enough to withstand it. I have been struggling trying to have peace of mind during this last month.

My mom was sort of the lighthouse of faith for me. She has always been strong in her faith in God, and fellowship with Him. She didn't approve of the path my life had taken, but she continued to be available for me and did not scold or preach. Now I have realized that I no longer have the riches of her experience and wisdom available to me. And while I hadn't really availed myself of what she had to offer in the past few years, I can see that she gave me everything she had to give. She gave me spiritual grounding and she provided a firm foundation of knowledge and understanding of God's Word. I am thankful for all she gave to me. However, her death is kind of a wake-up call to me, in more ways than one, but most importantly, a spiritual wake-up call. I need to feed my faith. I need to be around others who believe. That's why I'm here. That is what I hope for in joining this online community. And maybe by being a part of this online community, I can eventually become brave and strong enough to join a flesh-and-blood fellowship too. And maybe I'll actually become the kind of Christian that attracts others (like my husband) to the faith.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this online community!
Bobby
Hello Lonely Lamb it sounds to me like you may know the Bible somewhat but do not Know Jesus. You need to follow this short prayer; (Jesus Come into my life and help me.) If you just said that then Jesus has came into your life. If you feel you dont need to say it then there may be something in your life not quite right. You see being a christain is haveing a relationship with Jesus. not just going to church and fellowship with other christains.
Many people call theirselves Christains but never invite Jesus into there life. To be a Chrsitain means that you actually take on the name of Christ Like in one of his parrables he teaches we are the bride of Christ You must act like He is your number one priority in life.

John 3.16-18 says For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believes in what he has to say is not condemned:

The scripture says through Jesus we might be saved . Here again verse 18 says Believe in what Jesus has to say. We need to read the Bible ourselves to see what Jesus has to say to us.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God

1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
1:33 (a) And I knew him not: (cool.gif but he that sent me to baptize with water, © the same said to me, (d)Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, (e) the same is he which baptizes with the Holy Ghost.

In the Book of Luke 3.16 it also says Jesus will baptize us with the HolySpirit and fire. What you need is to ask Jesus to baptize you with the HolySpirit and fire. That is where you get the ability to know more on how to function as he would have you to do. And in the which you obtain the power to understand what to say to your children and your husband inorder for them to believe that God is for real as well.
May the Lord Jesus bless you and Your loved ones and save all.
bunnydrop
Hello im new here also.Hope to get to know you better soon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.