Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Need Of Prayers For My Marriage
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
Inlovewithgod
Hello everyone. I am new to the site, found it while browsing through a few other sites, and I found that I really think I am going to enjoy this site.

I am in a current situation that I am in need of prayer for. I have been married a little over 2 years and my marriage seems to be going down hill and fast. I have made several attempts to "fix" the problems however, I often times feel like I am talking to a brick wall. I married at the age of 25, him 30, and at the time he was my "knight in shining armor" that saved me from a downhill battle with drugs. He pulled me out of that slump and started taking care of me and then eventually asked me to marry him. I said yes, and here I am, two years later asking myself if I ever actually loved him or if I married him because it seemed at the time, like the only option I had. I am so lost and confused and feel alone. There has been no "love making" or other in over 4 months and I feel like he is no longer attracted to me. With this being said, it has caused me to go plummeting into a spiral of a deep depression and the feeling of not being good enough. I feel as if I am almost on the verge of leaving him and moving on with my life to find true happiness, however was talked into marriage counseling (without him--his choice). I feel like there is one last attempt before I find myself walking away. I know I made a covenant to God, however I feel like my efforts are so one sided and it is making it hard for me to want to stay in this marriage. Please if you would, put me, Nichole and my husband, Paul's marriage in your prayers, for either an answer to my unsettling questions, or peace to be able to mend this marriage. I appreciate all the prayers given!!

With much love I come to you!

Nichole
Nichole,
I too have been married for a short period of time, 1.5 years, and I too am feeling the marriage going downhill. My marriage is in a little different situation and my husband took another job that moved him out of the house and on to a ranch, while I am still living in town, in the house we are buying, so I can work. I know I love my husband but it feels like we are so seperated in everything that we do. I just keep remembering that God didn't promise it would be easy, he promised it would be worth it. My husband and I are about the same age as you and your husband, and I too am finding myself getting depressed. I just keep praying, and finding ways to keep myself happy, it really is contagious, when I am happy he starts to smile more and talk to me more. I will keep your marriage in my prayers if you will keep us (Ty and Tina) in your prayers.
Keep me posted on how things are going, and don't give up, its worth the fight.
God Bless
angelonwheels
Nicole
I feel your pain so emincly and know what you are going through. MY husband and I have been married a very short time as well. My husband suffers from an addiction problem though. You having been on that side of the fince gives me more hope than you even know. I completly get when you feel worthless and not attractive cause they want nothing to do with yo0u. On the up side just keep your trust and faith in god. Look at your self in the morror everyday and tell your self you are beautiful and perfect god loves you. saying it helps renforce it. Be thankful for everything no matter how small I found helps a lot and keeps me happy. I will pray for you and ask god to give you peace in this storm in your life. I will also pray for your husband that he can see god find him and in that bring peace and reconsilation to your marriage. My heart goes out to you. My sister in christ I love you even thou I don't know you. My god bless you and bring you peace to your life.

Jackie
Anne05
Hi Nichole,

Marriages, according to God are supposed to be a lasting covenant. Often, its when we walk away from the will of God that we find ourselves in dangerous places. But the wonderful thing is, He will never leave us nor forsake us.

So, I want to encourage you to hold on and keep praying. Prayer is a very powerful weapon.

Both of you need to openly communicate what you are going through. If there was so much love in the beginning, then why can't it be there now???

We often take the other for granted and then things start going downhill.

Don't worry. God is in control. Take all your burdens to Him and He will give you and your husband rest and peace.

Will keep both of you in prayer.

God bless you.

Anne
p31woman
My husband and I have been married for 24 yrs. and I love my husband very much. First know that there is no perfect marriage and marriage is WORK. It is important to be supportive and show respect for each other. Respect your husband even if it is not merited. Compromise is necessary, sometimes you must give up the need to be right and chose whether you want to be right or happy. Please continue seeking God's direction and help. Something God has taught me is that happiness is a choice and after having been married for a while so is love. Place your focus on as much positive activity as possible, Norman Vincent Peale has a book call The Power of Positive Thinking, it will be more the worth the investment. Check your local book stores I got a copy from a Barnes & Noble sale. Stormie Omartian has a book called The Power of a Praying Wife that is very powerful and it really helped me a low time in my marriage. Also online sometimes they have some really good deals on amazon.com. There is a website by Mort Fertel he is a relationship counselor that will send you emails and has programs for you and your spouse or you can do one alone the info will be well worth it.
If your husband sees changes in you and you being happy it will have an impact on him, he will eventually start asking questions and you will have plenty to share with him as you growing spiritually and mentally. If haven't already find something worth while to get involved in that will help someone else.
God has put a desire in my heart to pray for marriages because this is where the enemy can get in and do great damage. God started with a man and woman and I believe He wants us the have strong, healthy marriages that glorify Him and our relationship with Him. Have you notice how many passages in the bible that God speaks to us as a Husband and refers to us as a wife. Through His word He is teaching, showing and encouraging us to have oneness and unity and this especially true of husband and wife.
Lord I pray for Nichole and Paul that the plans of the enemy fail and You will show them Your plans for their life and marriage. Help them to develop a healthy love and respect for each other and Your word. We give You all the glory, praise and honor, in Jesus name amen.

Your sister in God
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.