Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dont Know Where To Turn
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
scuba
hi everybody, im new to all this and dont know where to start but here goes. i have just started to talk to the lord 'jesus christ' for guidance and a help, i have been through alot in my life even though i am only 24. it all started when me and my ex partner lost our first child and it hit me really hard and said partner left me and that caused me to have depression and i went through hell so to speak, i fond out alot of thing that hapend when i was a child and bottled them all up till i couldnt take it anymore. i started to drink everyday and try to end my life on a few occations, but resantly i have gone through losing the one i love to someone else and it has really messed me up big time, i am drinking everyday and keep trying to kill myself and i have set a date when i will do it for good. i have prayed to the lord 'jesus christ' for about a month now and i feel he is not hearing me or helping me and i am left with nowhere to turn, so does anyone have any advise that will help me through these dark times. love scuba xx
tearick
Hi There,
Sorry to hear of your difficulties and please know that with God all things are possible. There have also been circumstances in my life where I felt it too daunting but the Lord did see me through it and through those fiery trials I learned a great deal. You have to understand that many of us will go through some tremendous pressure filled times but God is faithful to His children. If we belong to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then He always hears our prayers. If we are in sin the devil will come along in our weakened state and tell us that God does not hear you. Nothing could be further from the truth! To those who are in Christ whose sins are forgiven and completely blotted out nothing stands in the way of prayer but our own faithlessness and unbelief.

For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently. 1Corinthians 10:13 Amplified bible

The Lord is Love and if you have placed your trust in Him and are truly born again you have so much to look forward to! Oftentimes we might not get fellowship with other Christians and consequently due to our choices of forsaking fellowship with other true believers we become weak, disenchanted, discouraged and at times we feel overcome. You have to really understand that you have an enemy and he is satan and his desire is to destroy you. Don't give in to him when you have so much to look forward to! Keep praying for strength and also pray that the Lord would send into your life those who will build you up in your most precious faith. Seek Him first everyday and those other things you have been into you must deny your flesh.

Gal 5:16 But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).
Gal 5:17 For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are guided (led) by the [Holy] Spirit, you are not subject to the Law.
Gal 5:19 Now the doings (practices) of the flesh are clear (obvious): they are immorality, impurity, indecency,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger (ill temper), selfishness, divisions (dissensions), party spirit (factions, sects with peculiar opinions, heresies),
Gal 5:21 Envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].
Gal 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires.
Gal 5:25 If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.] Galatians 5:16-25 Amplified bible

One tactic of the devil is to get our eyes on ourselves and through depression we become so inward on ourselves we become robbed of power. It is your responsibility to take care of your own soul and in a purposeful and deliberate way you must climb out of your pit of self despair. Make better choices of friends and this is a serious matter. Not just those who say they are Christians but those who actually follow our Lord Jesus Christ. I once many years ago when I was young hanged around those who went to church but were getting drunk all the time and smoking dope but I later departed their fellowship and became much more serious to the Lord.

The most important thing you must know is that you must place your entire trust in God the Father Himself and not in mere men who are fallible and prone to letting us down. This is another lesson I had to learn. People are only human but the Lord is Almighty and when people do and will let us down we do not lose heart, we turn to and trust in Him...always!

Pro 3:1 MY SON, (DAUGHTER) forget not my law or teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments;
Pro 3:2 For length of days and years of a life [worth living] and tranquility [inward and outward and continuing through old age till death], these shall they add to you.
Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart. [Col. 3:9-12.]
Pro 3:4 So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man. [Luke 2:52.]
Pro 3:5 Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil. [Prov. 8:13.]
Pro 3:8 It shall be health to your nerves and sinews, and marrow and moistening to your bones. Proverbs 3:1-8 Amplified bible

I hope this helps you. Please keep posting and stay in touch, there are others who also are wanting to help you and are praying for you. God bless you! smile.gif
Bonairos
Hello Scuba,

First, know that your transparency is not in vain. Sometimes we often say something and after we say it, we question ourselves if we used the right words or if we should have said it at all. This is not one of those times. You've come to a community of Believers (believers in God, believers in YOU) that may not only relate to your challenges, but also know of the victory that may lie ahead.

That 'may' lie ahead?? Yeah, this is one of those ‘maybe's’ in life. Unfortunately (or perhaps 'fortunately' is a better choice of words), we have a part in the equation. There's the (1) challenge, there's (2) the Lord Jesus, and then there's (3) us.

We know the challenges we face ‘are what they are’. The Lord? He never changes. Us? Well, here’s where the ‘game changer’ can be. A lot can be seen (and hence acted upon) if we would just get another perspective of what’s taken (or can) take place.

I’m don’t know the entirety of your situation to relay concrete advice. But what I do know of what you said is this. “i have just started to talk to the lord ‘jesus christ’ for help” and again, “i have prayed to the lord ‘jesus Christ’ now for about a month now and I feel he is not hearing me or helping me”

Did you hear what you said?! What a statement of hope! The fact that you (even) called out to Christ is proof that God has not given up on you (or your circumstance)!

1 John 4:19 says, “We love Him because He first loved us!” When it comes to God and the things of God, all we can do is respond. He initiates. Whatever it is, it is He who initiates contact with us; we then can only choose how and if we respond.

Jesus said in John 6:65, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to Him by My Father.” Wow!

No matter our actions, no matter how close or how far God may appear, the fact that He is even in our thoughts is proof that He still has us on His mind. God was, is, and will always be the first to initiate contact and communication with mankind. Even if we ‘decide’ to call out to Him, it will only be because He is the one drawing us. Throughout the bible you see this to be true. Garden of Eden? God makes contact. Abraham? God speaks first. Rebellious House of Israel? God sends His word.

“No one can come to Me UNLESS it has been granted to him!” “We love Him BECAUSE He FIRST loved us!” What an awesome truth to behold!

Your situation and roller-coaster emotions have not gone unnoticed. Not only is the Lord aware of them, He has the solution. And His solution is what you’re doing. You are going to HIM! He is the Truth, the Life, and the Way.

I won’t pretend to know how your relationship with your ex-’partner’ (as you referred to ’her’ I presume) will turn out. But I do know that you are positioned for victory, clothed with hope by the very fact that God has called out to you! Never stop responding to His voice no matter what the circumstances may be. Sure we not understand it all; and yes we have questions. But if we (for whatever reason) don’t get the understanding (or answer) we want, kick it up a notch and seek that which supersedes your knowledge - the peace of God in your life.

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the PEACE of God, which SURPASSES ALL understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” [Philippians 4:6,7 / NKJV]

So as you call out to the Lord, know it is only because He has first called you!

“Ring, Ring” Uh, I think you might want to answer that.

Be blessed my friend!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.