Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Friend Problems...
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
Mike9
First of all I am a fairly new Christian, since March, 2010, and I am having a problem with my best friend of little more than 2 years.

When we first met, he gave me his testimony, and said he grew up in a Christian home and had been saved as far back as he could remember. After a year of friendship, I was led to Christ and was the happiest I had ever been.

The problems started in the last few months. He grew moody and depressed, and acted like he was angry with me all the time. I didn't know what to do, so I just kept praying and asking him what was wrong. Eventually he said that I had changed, and that I was too "happy."
At the time, I was busy with work and school, I would only visit him maybe once a week, and he would get extremely angry and wouldn't speak to me, or acknowledge that I was there at all, when I did come over.

after about a month of this, I still couldn't figure out what was truly wrong until he started getting jealous of me when I was around women, or talking to them. I wont go into too much detail, but I freaked out when he tried to take "our" relationship further and I haven't contacted him since.

I guess I just am afraid to be near him, but I also don't know if it is right to completely ignore him like this. I am worried that he may not be saved, or be back sliding, and I don't want to have a part in hurting anyone...I still care for him as a friend, but I don't know what to do. I have prayed about it and I don't feel any clear answers coming to mind...so maybe someone else's perspective may help.

Thank you.
nate
firstly, love the sinner hate the sin. help him though his struggle with sexual orientation, be supportive and guiding, using the bible and prayer. God will handle it, but dont give up on him
messenger
For you: "Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins". (James 5:19-20)

For him: "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth". (Col 3:1-2)

For us all to understand: "For a just [man] falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief". (Prov 24:16)

If we are sincere toward God we may fall several times, but we shall rise back up into our sincerity toward Him; but if we are insincere, then we shall fall into mischief: There is no third option, neither is there some other way to climb up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.