Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nervousness And Depression
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
rene9109
Hi. I'm a 20 year old woman and I just recently found the Lord at the end of July. I struggle with General Anxiety Disorder which makes me have unwanted thoughts and feelings. It seems to have gotten worse after I found the Lord than before. I pray about it often and some days are pretty good. Most days are terrible, like yesterday. It got so bad that I found myself having suicidal thoughts. I made an appointment to see a therapist but due to my low income, its not until the 27th. I often get nervous by EVERYTHING and I don't know who else to turn to besides God and Jesus. I need some sort of help or prayers because it scares me that I actually thought about suicide. I'm trying my hardest to live as rightiously as possible but i feel like there are evil forces having a hold on me and taking over my life. I did hear God tell me "Smile. It'll get better." Is this a sign? Should I try to forget about my problems with his (God's) help? I apologize for the length, I just needed someone to hear me.
Embraced
I hear you, but more importantly God hears you and is by your side. Call on Him at all times and praise Him. Listening to encouraging music or a sermon can sometimes help lift your current state. But dive into His word and don't rely on your own understanding of the situation.
fiske30
QUOTE (Embraced @ Sep 15 2011, 08:27 AM) *
I hear you, but more importantly God hears you and is by your side. Call on Him at all times and praise Him. Listening to encouraging music or a sermon can sometimes help lift your current state. But dive into His word and don't rely on your own understanding of the situation.
Your condition has gotten worse since you received God because now your on the devil's radar. When you weren't serving God the devil payed attentio to you but now that your saved your really on his radar. Stay in the word,read your Bible. Pray,fast,really get into everything that God has to offer. You need to continually seek God,just getting saved isn't enough. Walk with him daily. Read the Bible daily. Pray daily. Get around christian brothers and sisters that will build you up and pray for you. Get around the right people. Getting saved then goimg around the same peole,doing the same things won't work. I'm not saying you are but I promise if you serve God fully and do these things God will fix what is broken,I promise. I'm praying for you. Please keep me updated on your christian walk. The devils out like a roaring lion seeking who he may devour,and don't let it be you.
Michael
I also suffer with anxiety, PTSD, and clinical depression. I also have chronic back pain with pain radiating down by left leg, have degenerative arthritis in both knees, and have had to have neck surgery for herniated disk and pain down my left arm. I've been in therapy for depression for about 2 years, have taken the whole list of anti depressants and anti anxiety medications, as well as pain medications. I have only found real peace and relief since I have allowed god back in my life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.