Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Losing Heart For The Ministry
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
fiske30
I'm 30 years of age and I just graduated Bible college. I have been educated for 4 years and I have been a pastors son all of my life. While in college I youth pastored 2 different churches for a total of a year or more. I graduated college this past year,and when I graduated i went into full time ministry. I went to NC and candidated for a youth pastors position. While at the church during the interview time the church seemed lovely. The pay is great! The people seemed amazing. It all really seemed to good to be true. I took the position here in NC,but it has been aweful so far. The people here hate each other. They are back biters. They are gossipers. They have no respect for authority. The pastor got me here under false pretense. He told me i would answer to him and him alone,but sinse i have been here i have answered to everone in the church including him. He tells me to get the youth excited but doesnt give me the tools to do so. He tells me to do alot of thing that require outside sources that are not being made available even though we have the funds. The church members talk to me in a disrespectful manner and yet the pastor says nothing. I feel as if this church is run by the people and not by the pastor. The pastor allows the congregation to speak out in service,they pretty much do or say whatever they want. People think the pastor is a jelly fish. When I have an idea to do something for the youth most ideas get shot down by the people. Basically the people want to run the youth ministry like they run the sanctuary. I believe i have been led here under false pretens,and now i feel stuck. They put on a show to get me here and now this church acts and looks as if it's being run by satan himself. I don't know what to do because i feel like with each passing week they are sucking the life right out of me. This is a mess and I'm not sure what i should do? I need?
TruGlory
That is a very interesting position to be in, it sounds as though you have been brought up with the right foundational skills according to the word.

If it is Gods will for you to be there, there is definately something there for you. I would go back to the basics of your walk and apply this to your daily life again.

God will show you what he wants you do there, and you sound like the light amongst the darkness. If it is Gods will for you to leave ask him to open the door to go elsewhere.

This sounds like one of the most challenging situations you are going to go through in ministry and if you can hang in there, I believe the lessons will be invaluable for your future.

God Bless you on your journey.

Tru Glory
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.