Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kindly Ask For Your Prayers
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
Legolas
Dear All:

I graduated from graduate school in June 2010. Since that time, I have been employed though temporarily at an intern level pay. I took the position because I was unable to get a permanent, better paying job. I have been searching for a job since June (well, actually I began searching before I even graduated) so a year and a half to two years time. I have been on many interviews, even second round interviews, but I have yet to be given an offer. I have even begun looking in completely different industries even though I spent so much time, studied so hard and took on so much debt to attend the graduate school I did.

I hope I do not come off as greedy or unappreciative of what I have. I am appreciative and I do try to thank God often for what he has given me.

Unfortunately, I am barely able to get by on what I currently have. But, nothing seems to be going right for me at this time. It has affected my happiness and my relationships with my loved ones. I have been with my girlfriend for several years and expected by now to enter into marriage with her but my financial situation has not allowed me to do this. We can't even enjoy things like going out to dinner or seeing moves things have gotten so bad. She has stayed by me and I thank God for that because she is a good woman. But it seems it will be harder and harder for our relationship to continue under such conditions.

I just feel my life just stalling. I have been in the same position for a year and a half while loved ones and friends around me are buying homes, getting married/promotions, etc. I try not to get envious as I know this is a long road and the race is only with myself. But, it does not help my sanity and deepens my depression.

Why won't God help me get a job I ask? I pray and pray but I feel lost with out answers. I know, in the end, things will improve and God's plan will become more apparent to me. I just don't understand why I have had to endure such hardship for so long. This experience has humbled me and allowed me to understand the things that are most important in my life: my health and my loved ones. However, this period of underemployment is just getting so bad I am getting unhappier with each passing day. I do not know what to do so I have come here to ask for your prayers.

Please help! God Bless!
prophetic
QUOTE (Legolas @ Nov 17 2011, 03:41 PM) *
Dear All:

I graduated from graduate school in June 2010. Since that time, I have been employed though temporarily at an intern level pay. I took the position because I was unable to get a permanent, better paying job. I have been searching for a job since June (well, actually I began searching before I even graduated) so a year and a half to two years time. I have been on many interviews, even second round interviews, but I have yet to be given an offer. I have even begun looking in completely different industries even though I spent so much time, studied so hard and took on so much debt to attend the graduate school I did.

I hope I do not come off as greedy or unappreciative of what I have. I am appreciative and I do try to thank God often for what he has given me.

Unfortunately, I am barely able to get by on what I currently have. But, nothing seems to be going right for me at this time. It has affected my happiness and my relationships with my loved ones. I have been with my girlfriend for several years and expected by now to enter into marriage with her but my financial situation has not allowed me to do this. We can't even enjoy things like going out to dinner or seeing moves things have gotten so bad. She has stayed by me and I thank God for that because she is a good woman. But it seems it will be harder and harder for our relationship to continue under such conditions.

I just feel my life just stalling. I have been in the same position for a year and a half while loved ones and friends around me are buying homes, getting married/promotions, etc. I try not to get envious as I know this is a long road and the race is only with myself. But, it does not help my sanity and deepens my depression.

Why won't God help me get a job I ask? I pray and pray but I feel lost with out answers. I know, in the end, things will improve and God's plan will become more apparent to me. I just don't understand why I have had to endure such hardship for so long. This experience has humbled me and allowed me to understand the things that are most important in my life: my health and my loved ones. However, this period of underemployment is just getting so bad I am getting unhappier with each passing day. I do not know what to do so I have come here to ask for your prayers.

Please help! God Bless!

Hi mate , i have read and consider about it .... it's very long time that you've been struggling it was same story with me but i want share my Christian activities , Church fellowship meeting , pray , reading bible , i give my tithe to God and offering many more ...... are you giving your tithe .... ? please think about it ..God bless you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.