Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alcoholic/drug User
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
serola
[/size][color="#0000FF"][/color][size="3"][/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]

There is a man at my church, who comes to the prayer meetings intoxicated. He claims to be healed from a past very long history of alcoholism and drug addiction. His breath reeks with alcohol, as he prays in the group. He speaks very loudly, and sways drunkenly at times. We also noticed him stalking women in the church, and making inappropriate comments to them.

He has been like this for a long time, and church leaders, say to the women, to turn the other cheeck, as the poor man must be "hurting" in some way. Therefore we are to love and forgive him. I agree, we should love and forgive him, but he is a very bad influence, and now a former recovered addict, has been drinking with him from a flask in church. What are your thoughts on this? Is the church just to accept any kind of behavior, without saying anything at all?
TruGlory
Hello,

I have a friend who was the same, but she said at first she didnt know why she was going to these meetings and she was always wasted, and even slightly mocking inside towards the congregation, but I can tell you now that it has been 20years now and she hasnt touched a drop and is ministry a prayer leader and runs a ladies group, with so much history that God uses in powerful ways for His Glory.
Your leaders are right, "Love covers a multitude of sin"....and the outcome is greater than we could invision.

Continue on your path you are a blessing to this man.

God Bless

Tru Glory
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.