Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Need Help!
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
Confusedspe
Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my message.

I guess I should probably start from the beginning. My best friend and I are at college, and we both went home one weekend, me to see my family, and her to celebrate her birthday. When we got back, she told me that her grandfather had died on her birthday. She had been crying a lot (I could tell), and her family got to be with him when he died, although they live in different states. She is a person of the utmost faith, and it was truly heart breaking to see her lost in her faith and with so much sadness. As if that wasn't enough, her other grandfather recently died also. It has been around 7 months by now, but the scar hasn't healed yet, and I can't understand why this is happening? And I don't know what to say to her, as I have never experienced a death in the family (my grandparents all died before I was born).

I try to think that maybe God needed them more and that they had served their purpose on Earth, but I don't understand why he would do that to her, and to her family? Why would he cause so much suffering? She is a good person, and her family are amazing, so I don't understand why she is being punished, especially as this year is so important to her (what with exams finishing up etc). I'm sorry, I just really need some help!

Thank you, God Bless x
Mightytosave
Hello,

I can understand how confusing and sad this can be. What a good friend you are that you feel so deeply for the pain she is going through.

I assure you your friend is not being punished. Death, sadly is a part of life. We are all given a certain amount of time on the earth and if we are a believer death is actually the best day in that we get to go home and be with God who created us, we go to paradise with no suffering, no tears and perfect peace/love. Those left behind grieve the loss deeply, but as Christians we know death is never final as we will see our loved ones again and death will never take them away from us again.

There is no time in your friends life that this death would easy. Since we all cannot live forever our families & loved ones will face that inevitable day of our passing. While the timing of losing both may seem cruel or unfair to your friend, it was just their appointed time to go home, and time will heal her grief.

You are already doing the best thing you can, comfort and be there for your friend. Pray for God to give you the right words of comfort but just understand your presence and caring will go such a long way in her healing process. Just remember that God loves you very much!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.