Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Need Help!
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
NikkiPowell
I am losing belief and faith in god. Before I felt fine I believed in god and had tons of faith. But that faith is slowly dying inside. I feel empty and I just want to cry. I need help to find god and ask him back into my heart. I was reading about the big bang and people were jut saying things about god doesn't exist and I feel horrible because I started getting scared. I want to feel that happiness and warmth and peace that the lord brought to me. I keep thinking about death and I don't want to be just nothing when I die. I dont know but could this be one of the devils attempts to strip my faith in god? Please help me
Mightytosave
Hello Nikki,

First I want to thank you for your post. It takes courage to question your beliefs and the fact that you are reaching out for the encouragement to hang on, shows that your faith may be stronger than you may even know. God is clear that he will always send you the help you need, and if we seek him with our heart you will see his work of encouragement all around you. Every Christian has moments of doubt, but your final decision on the subject is the biggest choice you will ever make.

The wonderful thing about God's deep love for us is that even in times when we don't quite know what we believe about him, he always believes in us. I can assure you Nikki that he desires to have that closeness back with you, even if you turn away there will be a void within you that nothing else can fill, this is already evident in why you feel so sad at even the thought of the loss of your faith. As his beloved daughter, he will pursue you to the ends of the earth, no greater love will you ever know than the love of Christ.

One thing to think about is what the options really are. At the end, if the world is right and he does not exist, what did you really lose by believing? A true Godly life should only produce the best in us, like gentleness, a strong moral compass, true compassion for others, love, honesty and integrity. I don't know about you but I want to be remembered living a life with those kinds of traits. However if you turn away and and the world was wrong, that one choice could have eternal consequences. If God is really there, then we all have to give an account for what we did in this life, if we believed or not and just because some people in this world don't believe that, does not make it untrue.

I have lived a life with God and without and I can personally say there is no comparison. Without question I know he is who he says he is, but that faith did not come over night, it came with doubts and questions, but it also came from the willingness on my part to honestly seek him. The longer I studied all the evidence for and against and read his word on a daily basis, he surrounded me with more faith and love than I have ever known in my life.

I encourage you to get into God's word so he can speak directly to you,I have always found Psalms helpful to help remind me who God is and how deep he loves. Just read one chapter a day. Sign up for a daily devotional to be sent to your email, I look at it like a daily email from God to me, and I can tell you I can't even count the times that those emails have been exactly what I needed.

I will be praying for your strength Nikki. I just know that God will turn these doubts you have and he will use you in a might way!
Eden
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.