Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Husband Nonrespect Towards Me
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
Raquel2018
Hey I have been married for 7yrs. Husband is a believer but doesn't follow, he has not shown me respect verbal in a long time. Plus I try talking about it & disregard my feeling... He would start talking about how he feels instead. Leaving me with all his upset situations and unforgiveness towards me. sad.gif. I want to be able to talk about me, it seem like my feelings doesn't matter!! He says I should not be going to him about my feeling I should be praying and talking to the Lord. No communication between us please help me any information would be appreciated! smile.gif
Trying
Raquel2018,
I'm not married and have never been, so I may not be able to dispense the best advise, but I think you need to talk to a therapist/psycologist/psyciatrist. If you can get him there that would be amazing, but don't hold your breath. I'm sure you can find a Christian that can help guide you in safe and productive methods of resolution. Ask your church if they have a directory of business they support, or if you're too nervous to ask your church, another church will be happy to help you find Christian businesses (including psycologists) from their congregation and local community. Seeing a psyciatrist doesn't make you weak, it shows your strength in understanding your limited knowledge (and we ALL have limited knowledge). Don't let the cost of meeting a professional, discourage you. The Lord will provide for his people.

Good luck and God bless.
DanielShepard
Hi I am new to this forum. I saw this post and I thought I would reply. The advice I read was good. I would like to add that you continue to pray for your husband daily. Pray that God will work in his life and help him see that there are areas of his marriage that he needs to work on. (His truly being concerned about your feelings and your thoughts). Also be praying that God will help you to love him in spite of his lack of understanding and compassion towards you. It will probably take time, but always remember: God loves you and He is there for you. Remember the parable Jesus gave concerning the widow who pestered the Judge to help her out. (Luke 18:1-8). May God bless you as you seek His face and strive to serve Him always.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.