I was tricked into taking my young boys to see the movie ParaNorman. I was surprised (to say the least) and outraged that the movie was rated "PG". The issue was not that the movie consists of ghost; my children have seen many Disney movies and love the Haunted Mansion in Disney so the ghost was not an issue.

The content of the movie is COMPLETELY Inappropriate. I am SO outraged that I have attempted to contact the MPAA (they set the movie ratings). However, they have failed to respond to me. So I created this Petition in hopes that I can get their attention.

As Parents is OUR RIGHT to decide what content we want to expose our children to. I am not saying they are not allowed "freedom of expression". However, I AM saying I WE ARE ALLOWED transparency so we may select when, and when not to sensor the information our children are fed.

PARENTS I pray that you will UNITE with me. This is the beginning of a very sad era if we continue to allow this type of information to be shoved down our young and impressionable children.

PLEASE Sign & SHARE my petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-the-mpaa-to-upgrade-the-rating-of-paranorman

Thank you.
ChangeTheRating@gmail.com